Old May 1, 2001, 20:47   #1
bowman
Settler

Local Time: 19:15
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Help on creating new scenario
I'm trying to create a new scenario, and I want to use the map from the Cross and Crescent scenario that comes with Civ Gold. But since there is only a .scn file, I can't. Suggestions? Also how do you make a custom tribe? I went into the tribe editor and it won't let me change the names. There isn't even a button.
Thanks in advance
Old May 1, 2001, 22:06   #2
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 18:15
I think the map you are looking for is the Europe map. To find it go back two folders to the Civ2 folder. It is the same folder that you go to when you chose to start on a premade world. (I think!)
Old May 2, 2001, 02:11   #3
Jimmywax
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 18:15
You should check out the how to's on the scenario league website. Also check out the SL forum. There is a lot more trffic through there.

I know how to change the tribes, but you are out of luck because I can not remember for the life of me how I did it.
Old May 2, 2001, 05:45   #4
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 01:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You have to load the scenario as if you wanted to play it, then save it like any other game. Now go to the map editor, there you can load a *.sav, pick the one you want and then save it as a map file. That's all.

------------------
Mathias' Civ II Page
http://members.nbci.com/thalys
Old May 3, 2001, 13:20   #5
Masis
Warlord

Local Time: 00:15
quote:

Originally posted by bowman on 05-01-2001 08:47 PM
I'm trying to create a new scenario, and I want to use the map from the Cross and Crescent scenario that comes with Civ Gold. But since there is only a .scn file, I can't. Suggestions? Also how do you make a custom tribe? I went into the tribe editor and it won't let me change the names. There isn't even a button.
Thanks in advance

Well, I am new to the FW editing facility myself, so I have much to learn still, but surely to create custom tribes you go to the Rules file and scroll down and replace the defualt names with ones of your own chioce?

I've had 'trouble' with the Level names in my Age of Alexius scenario, for example, I wanted to rename Diety to Autocrator, but when I load the scenario I get the default Level names-whats going wrong?

------------------
MRP
Old May 3, 2001, 15:19   #6
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
quote:

Originally posted by Masis on 05-03-2001 01:20 PM
I've had 'trouble' with the Level names in my Age of Alexius scenario, for example, I wanted to rename Diety to Autocrator, but when I load the scenario I get the default Level names-whats going wrong?

You should change it in the game.txt or the labels.txt (i can't remember which) the ones in the rules file are only used for the highscore list (while the ones in the game or labels .txt is what you ppick in the begining).
Old May 4, 2001, 13:16   #7
Masis
Warlord

Local Time: 00:15
Great! Thanks Henrik!

------------------
MRP