Old November 20, 2001, 11:31   #1
CIVILIDEES
Settler

Local Time: 18:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
EARLY GAME Strategy for ALL Levels!!
Hi All,

This is a resume of a good strategy for all levels!
Set your Science at 80 or 90 % (playing large map, regent level)
PATIENCE and building a loth of workers and settlers is a key in the early stages of the game! don't look to much at the histograph (i was always the 2 strongest , be aware that you must be the strongest in science!! see advisor)
Begin with building warrior in city ,worker , settler then explore , settle(build city) then warrior ,worker you need a loth of workers for city growth. Building the Great Library is enough in the early stages. Expand with cities not with troops , keep PEACE, settle a loth!!!
This are no secrets!! Close your borders with building cities. Switch to Republic as soon you can! Your science setting 30%is low (no choice)otherwise no support!You get a loth of civil disorder(build temples) but be PATIENT and continue to expand, the money will come. Increase the science.In middle ages you can build more wonders ! Your histograph power climbes! You are winning. Trade is no key. Good settling place are. I don't build barracks at early stages because i keep peace. Military =2Units at max in one city(defence)Diplomacy is of minor importance! keep opponents happy but trade advances if good ones . Watch out for AI cheat with advance you can get the next turn when proposed by opponent !! Also keep them OUT of your borders!!Try to envelop your opponent cities. Later on they will resist and join your civilization!

Reactions are welcome
Sam
Old November 20, 2001, 11:57   #2
Hastus
Settler

Local Time: 18:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
About the Great Library
Great Library: Give you any tech free that is already discovered by two other civilizations, You need contact with them to gain the techs.

If you are going after the great library the best civilaztion to start with is a commercial one since you then start with the alphabeth.
Then research writing as your first tech, then litterature.
After litterature you are able to do build great library.
I usally do it like this, research writing but at minium science so it takes 32 turns. After I have researched writing I usally start building something big at my first city like a wonder or anything that takes more than 32 turns. When litterature is completed I switch whatever I was building at the capital to great library and set my research to 0 so I get as much money as possible. Then I just keep it at 0 until I get education since that tech cancels great library. As stated in other posts this is what makes the Great Library into a Money Cow. However I think this may also slow down the tech advancements since if you had not built the great library you would trade techs with others and therefore speed up the tech advancment.