Old November 20, 2001, 16:21   #1
Herder
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Great Game...in spite of interface aches
Hello all. I have been playing Civ III and I have to say KUDOS to the developers for such a wonderful time waster. This is the first game of its type that I truly felt immersed in the experience and gasp...felt more like roleplaying than strategy. The animations, the game play, the sounds...all great.

However, I have some problems with the interface. Lets start simple and bring back Sentry mode please!!!!! I need my units to wake up when another unit approaches so I don't forget them (happens sometimes). Clearly I don't want my fortified units to un-fortify but so sentry mode is best.

I would also like a "Wake All" command for all those units fortified in out of the way places.

It would be nice to have a "Wake All this Type" command too so that you can wake up all your Destroyers maybe.

Automatic movement of your own units should happen *after* you end your turn, not *in the middle of* your turn. Sucks to tell a unit to wait so you can change worker commands and then your workers all finish their turn.

Is there any consistency to the turn order? Makes managing large numbers of units very difficult.

Also, late game movement for fleets is far too slow. Every civ needs the ability to build a small wonder that adds +2 to their naval movement or something like that.

Unlimited rail movement is unbalanced in my opinion.

Helicopters, submarines, privateers, nuclear submarines all useless in their current form.

Please get a patch out for air superiority missions like...yesterday.

So far I like the game, just thought I would offer these suggestions to help. I know it would improve my Civ experience dramatically.