Old November 20, 2001, 16:31   #1
The Rook
Warlord

Local Time: 12:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What can be done to beef up my score?
My current game, it's 1850 and I am in 2nd place. The Germans are leading me by about 100 pts, and I am leading the AMericans by another 100 or so. Nobody else is close. So how do I win by score short of going to war with the Germans? What improvements can I make that beefs up my score? At this point, I don't think any of the other win situations are viable. I turned off the sapce race (Never liked that one)

Also, I have espionage and built the intelligence agency, but I don't have any new spy options other than investigate city, and steal tech. How do I plant a spy?
Old November 20, 2001, 16:44   #2
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 09:11
You would do better to ask this in the Strategy Forum... but some may answer here.
Old November 20, 2001, 17:13   #3
drenasu
Settler

Local Time: 17:11
I had trouble with planting a spy at first as well. Basically, look at the city that built the intelligence agency in your civ on the main screen. Right next to the name of the city, you should have a grey pentagon or hexagon. Click or double click on the pentagon. Note: If your capital city built the intelligence agency, it might be hard to see the petagon because of the star indicating your capital.
Old November 20, 2001, 18:00   #4
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 10:11
A vast majority of your score comes from territory. So if you can gain land somehow (ideally at German expense, but if needed, from some weaklings), that will help immensely. Another way is to really jack your luxury rate to get happy people, which I seem to recall are worth more than content.

On the off chance this is viable, future techs are worth good score.
Old November 20, 2001, 19:22   #5
greggbert
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:11
Here's an easy way to beef up your score.

Go for the spaceship victory. Build every happiness building in every city you can throughout the game any time even if you don't need it.

Once you research the last tech you need to build your spaceship, (you are done with research, you only have building left to do) then contact all the civs and give them whatever they want for the remaining luxuries you don't have, then shift your science down all the way to 0%, and put your happiness spending to 100% or as high as you can afford without going bankrupt before the end of the game, if you are going bankrupt, then sell all non-happiness buildings in cities that are not building spaceship parts. That should give your score an unbelievable boost. Also take all your troops out of enemy territory, switch to democracy, and make peace with everyone giving whatever they ask for as tribute (except for cities.).

-Greggbert