Old November 23, 2001, 09:49   #31
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 18:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Re: Random whines about CIV3
Quote:
Originally posted by Venger
I can usually extort them after a real ass pasting. But the bartering has become tedious - there are several broken components to it (many have offered 100 gold to the AI for 10 in return and have been rejected - that's PLAINLY BROKEN). After a while I just tire of trying to find the most I can get, and it's usually extortion on their parts - they want 3 luxuries for my 1. Screw them.
If the AI would accept 100 gold for 10 gold and improve its regard for you then even more people would be here screaming you can't buy attitude improvements in this cheap broken way. The guys are diplomats and statesmen. Offer them an obvious bribe and they insult and despise you. Good!

The AI will demand 3 luxuries for their 1 if their luxury is worth +3 happiness to you, and your luxuries are only worth +4 happiness to them in total. They know exactly what their product is worth and won't be fobbed off by a player who thinks he is smarter than them. Otherwise you could use 6 silk to get one of each luxury in the game from different AI nations and win every time. Soren is smarter than to let you do that