Old November 21, 2001, 13:53   #1
VoodooChild
Warlord

Local Time: 17:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Rushing Wonders for Peace Lovers?
I'm playing a game now where I've have limited starting space, but have managed to build cities in remote locations near lux and strat resources. I have even briefly gone to war with someone to secure my own horse and steel resources, and captured 4 cities in the process.

Well now I want to build the Forbidden Palace to actualy have these new cities productive, but because of vast corruption I can only get one shield per turn.

I've tried running Republic, building courthouses, etc. to increase my production, but no dice. Disbanning my extra units will only increase non wonder productions, and once I disband, I can not switch back to building the wonder.

Since my war did not produce a leader, is my only option to wait 300 turns for this wonder to be built, or am I missing something?
Old November 21, 2001, 14:53   #2
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Try to build it in a city that is at leasst has only 50% corruption. That is what I do, not unless I get a great leader which in that case I pick the best city to put in and have it built. In my current game I am playing a the Germans. I attacked the French really earlly in the game with an elite warrior and I got a great leader, which I used to build the prymids. Since then I have not gotten a great leader, but this is because I only have one elite unit so it is hard that way. One thing that might help you get a great leader next time you fight is to have lots of elite units attack. But I do wish there was a peacefull way to ruch world wonders though.