Old November 21, 2001, 05:03   #1
Blisterz
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
my first civ3 story
Well, my first civ 3 experience. I picked the zulu, and started a standard map. I started on an island, and that was great 'cause I got to build up un disturbed. Well I Filled up the island an decided that it was time to venture off the island and see the world.

Well I found coast and but it was already colonized. So i finally found a nice little spot right next to an english city and set up camp. I traded maps with the english so I could see the rest of the continent and everything was just fine. then out of nowhere the english declare war on me. they beat up and sacked my little city. So i went back to managing my little island paradise. Well the english started getting everyone after me. And I guess giving them all maps to my little island. soon I had an armada of ships from different civs ripping apart my island. I held on to my capital for as long as i could. but alas the germans got it.

That was my first an only serious civ game so far, we will see how the next one goes.

thanks for listening.
Old November 21, 2001, 14:15   #2
Blisterz
Chieftain

Damn, I started on another island. I think I am cursed...
Old November 21, 2001, 14:19   #3
ike0481
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:17
My first game was on an island by myself too. Since then I have not started a single game on an island by myself. I keep restarting my games hoping to be alone away from A.I. expansion.
Old November 21, 2001, 14:20   #4
zapperio
Warlord

Don't go around handing out maps now, do ya hea!

"lookee here 'o friendly civ, isn't she purty! we call her paradise and it is so peaceful there. not much fightin' at all, no armies or nuthin. Only odd thing about her is all that funny yellow rocks and sparkly stones too. here have a looksee, I brought some with me. purty innit?
Oy, why you giving me the eye for? Oy, what's with them thundersticks? Oy, Oy! get yur grubs of off me"

Zap
Old November 21, 2001, 14:25   #5
Blisterz
Chieftain

Now I know, MY maps are MY maps. this time, by the time they find my island I will have built up a big enough army that MY island will stay MY island
Old November 21, 2001, 14:27   #6
Blisterz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by zapperio

Don't go around handing out maps now, do ya hea!

"lookee here 'o friendly civ, isn't she purty! we call her paradise and it is so peaceful there. not much fightin' at all, no armies or nuthin. Only odd thing about her is all that funny yellow rocks and sparkly stones too. here have a looksee, I brought some with me. purty innit?
Oy, why you giving me the eye for? Oy, what's with them thundersticks? Oy, Oy! get yur grubs of off me"

Zap

ROFL

i was thinking more along the lines of "If I trade maps with you, you will let me stay here right? good, that is what I thought"
Old November 21, 2001, 15:47   #7
quinalla
Apolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 12:17
Did you have all the iron on your island or something? Good story!

-quinalla
Old November 21, 2001, 16:08   #8
Blisterz
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by quinalla
Did you have all the iron on your island or something? Good story!

-quinalla
No, but I did have most of the gold
Old November 21, 2001, 18:32   #9
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Did you place your new colony on the inside of Englands cultural border?? That would be one thing to make them declare war on you immediately
Old November 21, 2001, 19:40   #10
Blisterz
Chieftain

No, its was kinda in a tundra just outside england's territory. It was the only place that did not have a city yet I think it being in the tundra was why they razed it didnt keep it for themselves.
Old November 21, 2001, 20:45   #11
Seneca
King

Damn - even when I start on an island, the AI still wanders in and starts planting cities. Most of them get won over by culture though.
Old November 22, 2001, 00:13   #12
narmox
Warlord

actually I've found that starting on an island all alone is very bad at least for the beginning, unless you're sure you can get all the science done by yourself. It's often cheaper to just buy the science then sell it back to others before they do. In my latest game (see YAGT), that's exactly what I did (more or less, with the exception of the complete eradication of my neighbours the ruskies ). 4 civs on 1 continent who were very advanced because they exchanged techs all the time, while the indians, romans, etc, were more isolated and didn't get very advanced until I went and sold them techs for a lot of moolah.

maybe this belongs on strategy and tips, but it's also a story.. hehehehehh