Old November 21, 2001, 22:19   #1
Emperor Aries
Settler

Local Time: 12:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My Own Scenario
Ok, I am trying to make my own scenario where you are on an all water world. However, I only want certain civs available to be played but I can't figure out how to keep them from coming up. Also, is there a way to keep certain wonders from being built.
Old November 22, 2001, 12:16   #2
kaan
CTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 17:17
well first of all you will want to know how to make a mod for modswapper (i cant remember right now but im sure that if you do a search on it then it will show up) after that its simply a question of deleting the civs and wonders from the corresponding .txt files ( hint: wonders are in wonders.txt ).
i know that im assuming that your are not all lost when it comes to the game files of ctp2 so if you are then say so and ill be happy to give detailed info

klaus
Old November 23, 2001, 11:17   #3
Emperor Aries
Settler

Local Time: 12:17
Well, I don't know much of anything about those files. I'll probably just forget about it but if you want to i'll tell you my idea. I was going to made it so that it was like you were sent there from earth as the four most powerful nations (US, Russia, China, and Europe) it would be an all ocean planet with many "goods" and you would start out with enough technology to survive under water and with 3 sea engineers. You can add on whatever else you want.
Old November 23, 2001, 14:12   #4
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 10:17
Download the improved map editor and use it to make your senerio. As for excluding certain wonders and not others... well the only way I know how to do this is to make it a multiplayer game and use the "exclude" button to exclude the wonders and/or units you want.