Old November 23, 2001, 03:43   #1
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 12:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My game of Civ3...only aliens can declare war on me now....
because I have mutual defense pacts with all the other civs.

Is this silly or what?

So how does this work. If CivA attacks CivB, and I am required to go in against CivA, does Civs C-G go with me or will they go only go in if I am directly attacked?

What happens to my pact with CivA if I go to war against them due to my pact with B?

Will this end my boredom with Civ3? Civ3 should be renamed Civ3-Wimps of Time...this is the most silly peacenik game I could imagine.
Old November 23, 2001, 04:01   #2
Raleigh
Warlord

Local Time: 12:21
I dk about you but on prince I have been in several wars, sometimes b/c I wouldn't give in to the demands of my neighbors who had equal armies. I wiped out the americans.

Last game I was in a defense pact, I lost because we got whupped 3-2.

Maybe it is just the game you are in. Also, they expire every 20 years and your partners may not want to renew or may ask you to pay through the nose to do it.
Old November 23, 2001, 05:21   #3
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:21
In my current game I just finished a world war (which I started). But I have been in wars that the computer started. I almost feel at some times that I have no choice but to go to war. I think that one has to go to war a lot more than in Civ2.
Old November 23, 2001, 08:38   #4
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 19:21
Re: My game of Civ3...only aliens can declare war on me now....
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
because I have mutual defense pacts with all the other civs.

Is this silly or what?

So how does this work. If CivA attacks CivB, and I am required to go in against CivA, does Civs C-G go with me or will they go only go in if I am directly attacked?

What happens to my pact with CivA if I go to war against them due to my pact with B?
i'm not 100% sure for more than 3 civs(including the human), but i was pacted with both the french and the egyptians in a game. they were both in a pact as well.
the egyptians attacked me, and the french were automatically in war with the egyptians
Old November 23, 2001, 09:28   #5
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 19:21
it can result in a hobbesian state (all against all) i had a very brutal endgame once...overlapping mutual pacts everywhere, and one spark was enough. usually, though, there are huge blocks that tend to forms and soon someone is dead meat. usually 3-2 ratio or a member of a 3-3 coalition stranded on a hostile continent
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 23, 2001, 09:36   #6
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 18:21
If you have pacts with every other civ then:

Whoever is attacked first (D) will be the person you side with.

You will declare war on the aggressor (A), as will everyone else (E) who had a defence pact with D.

All other pacts/treaties/trade you had with A will cease automatically.

If you, D or E then go and attack A on his home ground then anyone who still has a defence agreement with A will declare war on the new aggressor immediately. So pretty soon a web of defence pacts results in a world war. The best thing you can do is not attack anyone on their home turf until they have attacked you personally on your turf so activating all your defensive allies pacts. This doesn't stop you sending troops to defend your ally in his own country.