Old November 23, 2001, 06:25   #1
xane
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Need a plan to take a "fringe" town with minimum fuss
Playing the Germans I discovered Gunpowder quite early in the game, but could find any saltpetre, fortunately the Zulus started giving me trouble and I took over one of their small towns, an it had a saltpetre supply next to it - instant musketeers !!!

Nearby is an Indian town (size 3) with some plenty more saltpetre supplies, I would like to somehow get this town with the minimum of fuss, I haven't really had any dealings with the Indians before, and don't really want to annoy them much, so any clues ?
Old November 23, 2001, 06:44   #2
Minmaster
Warlord

Local Time: 09:22
take it over with culture...id build libraries and temples etc till it switches over if u dont wanna go to war
Old November 23, 2001, 14:39   #3
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 17:22
In all my games, the Indians have always been very eager for peace. If it was me, I'd goad someone on the other side of them from where you are to attack them. Sweep in and snag the city while they're fretting about fighting a two-front war, and then offer them a simple solution and an easy peace....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.