Old November 23, 2001, 10:11   #1
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 17:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The History of the World III - A Civilization Odyssey...
This is an invitation to all of you players here at Apolyton to challege your abilities as a civ player and diplomat. HOTW2 has ended and the time has come to place upon the planet new tribes that will create the destiny, and shape the future of the planet.

There are already several players signed up, over ten, for this endeavor, however more are needed until we can begin forming the final list of tribes and players to be involved.

So, if you have the mettle to embark on this test, please make your presence known.

The time has come to continue the greatest story ever told...

Please make any and all suggestions for the modpack as well when you sign up, thanks.
Old November 23, 2001, 10:19   #2
The Capo
DiploGames
King

A few issues to consider for the modpack...
Alright before I just collect names I'd like to put out a few issues we should tackle for ths modpack, and here they are...

1) How many civs should be involved?

2) Should there be regulations on amount of civs per continent?

3) What new units should be added, what units should be changed, taken out?

4) Should we change government values such as Communism to support more units? Fundamentalism to Fascism?

5) Changes to the tech tree? New techs? Remove techs?

6) The tech paradigm? Should we slow it? Should we give some techs a higher value so they take longer?

7) Should we take out SDI?

8) Should we take out Caravans?

9) Should we take out all wonders? Any wonders?

10) Should we raise the cost of some wonders?

11) Change the amount of movement on roads?

12) Should we leave the Americas open for Colonization?

13) Anything else fools?

Those are some issues that I think are prevalent to our cause, and we should try to address them all if possible, so if you would be so kind as to suggest your civ and then list the things we should change that would be nice.

I am going to either be the United States or the Celts, I'm not sure yet, so try not to choose one of those tribes.

You may be wise to read up some of HOTW2, if not the posts just what occured, to see if you notice anything that was really good or anything that was really bad. Also I guess you should understand that we are going to need really good posters for this game.

Peace.
Old November 24, 2001, 00:09   #3
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:22
Arg. I've been killing myself looking for a good medium sized world map. I guess after a good 6 or 7 years of development there still isn't one, go figure. All the huge world maps are large or friggin huge.

Let's try to find a good map.

Last edited by Frank Johnson; November 24, 2001 at 04:02.
Old November 24, 2001, 06:04   #4
Frank Johnson
King

Here, I give you, my very own medium sized earth, actually a bit smaller than medium at 60x60.......

Do you think we could use this for HOTW3 ??
Attached Files:
File Type: zip med earth.zip (1.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Frank Johnson; November 24, 2001 at 13:12.
Old November 25, 2001, 05:13   #5
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 03:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
what is it about capo that demands he start all HOTW threads, i started a HOTW3 signup discussion thread and he starts another!!!!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old November 25, 2001, 13:25   #6
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 13:22
Whoa, hold up guys.
What is this talk of HOTW3? We already have a thread (and not Raz's) to discuss HOTW3, it was started a while ago "Dreaming a history for a world yet to be released" i think was the title. The original intent of HOTW3 was to be the very first Diplogame for CIV 3.

I know they haven't released multiplayer for the game yet, but I would think you guys could have a bit more patience than this. There are several other diplogames starting right now, just play in one of them to tide you over until April or May when MP comes out.

It is going to take a while to plan out HOTW3 anyways, so why don't we just use the next few months to do that? If you start another epic Civ2 game it won't be finished by the time Civ3 comes out which means you'll either scrap the HOTW3 to play on Civ3 or you'll just forget about Civ3 entirely and keep playing your Civ2 game.

HOTW2=Civ2
HOTW3=Civ3

Come on folks, don't give in to temptation, you have just been playing for the last year at HOTW2, you can't take a few months off and wait till Civ3 to do this right? The holidays are coming up and the game won't really be able to start then anyways, so it will be at least January or February till this bad boy gets started, and then why not just wait another 2-3 months for Civ3? It really isn't that far away, lets not be impatient, lets do it right.

Capo, remember our first game? We were so driven to get a diplogame going, any diplogame, that we chargedahead and got people from the Zone to play! No wonder that game fell through and all the work we put in it initially was wasted. I suggest you have patience and just wait till Civ3 so we can do this right.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old November 25, 2001, 13:49   #7
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Re: Whoa, hold up guys.
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP

HOTW2=Civ2
HOTW3=Civ3
hotw1 = civ 2 also !!!!!

So hotw3 can = civ 2
Old November 25, 2001, 15:08   #8
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Aright alright, relax everyone...
I didn't even notice you made a thread Raz, I don't actively visit the forums, I only come through my e-mail notices. Therefore I had no idea you started one. But its all the same.

Anyway, I don't think Ozzy meant that the 2 in HOTW2 connotes that it is a Civ2 game. But regardless, the original plan was to start HOTW3 with Civ3, but upon further discussion I think we all agreed that if the game is going to go smoothly we should all become familiar with Civ3's style. So I think another 10 month + game will suffice for us to fully grasp Civ3. So that's my position, we should have a period of time to master the game. So basically I want everyone familiar with what they are doing, and right now Civ2 is where to go. I guess Civ3 will have to wait until HOTW4. Originally HOTW1 was supposed to have just ended and not HOTW2, which would have put HOTW3 right at Civ3's time to play, but Nap had to mess everything up, so we had to move to HOTW2 and it screwed everything up.

Its all good though, HOTW3 will be for Civ2, when everyone masters Civ3 HOTW4 will be for Civ3. I think we're going to have five human tribes and two AI native tribes for HOTW3. To make colonialism a little tougher. But I'm not sure what to do right now.

One Love.
Old November 26, 2001, 06:59   #9
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

well looks like we going to get 2 diplo games going at once here, so i wil lstick my hand up for HOTW3 ...

I ask to be the Russians or if that taken or too crowded then the Vietnamese would be fun !!!
Old November 27, 2001, 00:12   #10
Frank Johnson
King

There doesn't seem to be enough support for 2 new diplo games. I'll just worry about hotw3 then. I'd like to be China, Germany, or South Africans.
Old November 27, 2001, 05:18   #11
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

well if only one game, i remove my nomination to paly. too many players already !!
Old November 27, 2001, 12:11   #12
Brian Bergs
Chieftain

Rules for this game
What kind of time committment are we talking here? This sounds like a game I could get into. Or I can be a sub for someone else.
Old November 27, 2001, 12:49   #13
Frank Johnson
King

Ras, I wanted a 2nd game, but I just don't see 10-14 people running around the forums asking to play, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm working on this medium world map game with mods to make it run faster and maybe we can get a 2nd game up but I want to move it off thursday.