Old November 28, 2001, 09:15   #61
rid102
Warlord

Local Time: 17:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Would like a simple matrix. Resources across top. Countries down side. Entrys can be : I buy from, they buy from me, they would like to buy, they have for sale and nil. When you click on the entry it gives its value and the remaining duration. THAT WOULD BE USEFUL.
Agreed. It's annoying not being able to see exactly who's got what on offer and having to talk to each leader just to (possibly) negotiate a trade deal. Having it all accessible from the trade advisor as well would make it easier.
Old November 28, 2001, 22:12   #62
Gail
Settler

Local Time: 09:23
[COLOR=sky blue]Hi all. I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if these have been mentioned before.

In addition to the things already mentioned (especially stacked movement)...

1. I'd like to be able to select an automated worker and find out where they are headed and for what reason. I find that I spend more time waiting for game to move all the workers around than anything else. Sometimes it seems like the workers are just walking from one extreme location to another and then back, but it's hard to tell because, well, you know, those workers, they all look alike.

1a. I'd like to able to turn off (or toggle) display of moving workers. Show me them when they stop. I can't do anything while they're moving and watching them move is very boring.

2. It would be nice if I could assign an area or city region to a worker so that they could be "on call" in case some pollution needs cleaning up or if global warming causes a forest to die. As it is, I automate most of my workers and try to have one worker parked in each city (especially remote ones) to do clean-up.

3. Is it a coincidence that CivIII has some of the same features as the old Warlords game? Anyway, one feature of that game was the ability to build units in one city and automatically have them appear in another city (after some appropriate delay). That would be a nice feature for CivIII too.

4. I'd like more specific control than what is offered in the governor menu. For instance, I want to be able to say "no nuclear power plants" and have the AI stop pushing them on me.

5. I've noticed that, while most of the time, the Domestic Advisor will ask me what I want to build next in a city that has just completed production, at other times, I find cities building things I didn't ask for. Is this a bug?

[/COLOR]
Old November 29, 2001, 08:12   #63
jklame
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Vercingettyrex
Dont want corruption changed. Think design decision was correct. But this should have been highlighted in the manual to warn people. The challenge would then be see if you can conquer the world with this.
I'm also more or less in the corruption-is-fine-the-way-it-is camp. However, I'd really like to see the exact formula used for computing corruption. There's a huge difference between producing 1 or 2 shields per turn, and its frustrating to me not to be able to plan accordingly. On the other hand, I've played enough now that I pretty much know how things work in this regard so I guess knowing the precise algorithm at this point is mostly academic.

Of course, perhaps someone has already published the formula and I just haven't found it yet. If so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Oh, and just because I'm still enjoying the game with the current corruption model clearly doesn't mean that everyone else is. Obviously the whole corruption concept should be massively configurable. Ideally, we would be able to choose exactly which things have an impact on corruption (either positive or negative) and also be able to independently select the degree of impact for each.

John
John
Old November 29, 2001, 08:21   #64
Kolyana
Warlord

Local Time: 11:23
My capital is somewhere around Eastern Germany would be in the 'real world'. I've got cities around the SW of Spain and the Western reaches of the Med.

At this point and beyond, corruption is RIFE in every city.

I'm in a Democracy, every city has every improvement possible ... and yet out of 22 trade I have ONE ... *ONE* ... not affected by corruption.

Now, with this government and every improvement, I wouldn't expect corruption to be so high. I can live with it ... but it seems somewhat iffy to me.

Do Police Stations combat corruption? If not, perhaps they should.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.
Old November 29, 2001, 08:29   #65
MattHiggs
King

I'm experiencing no corruption. Is this because I have it on Cheiftan skill level and I have a courthouse in every city?
Old November 29, 2001, 11:04   #66
phix
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by MattHiggs
I'm experiencing no corruption. Is this because I have it on Cheiftan skill level and I have a courthouse in every city?
Corruption is rampant on Chieftan level. You just don't have enough cities, or they're not spread out enough to start seeing it.

I've had cities while playing Chieftan level where there was 19 "wasted" shields and one producing shield.
Old November 29, 2001, 17:49   #67
rdomarat
Settler

As a fellow software developer, I can't just sit by and and listen to everyone whine and complain without saying a few things :

1) Figure out what the difference is between "fixing a bug" and "enhancing the product". Things that already exist in the game and aren't working properly can usually be fixed quite easily. Adding a whole new aspect to the game, like stacking units or enhanced right of passage agreements need to be fully tested before being released to the general public. Adding new functionality to a product a month after it's been released is ridiculous.

2) Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a bug. Corruption is different in civ3 than it was in civ2. It's more crippling and harder to manage. It's a design decision made by the team of developers at Firaxis. Personally, I like it. Name a single civilization in the history of our planet that could successfully control half the known world. The Mongols and Romans had big empires that eventually crumbled. The sun never set on the British Empire for a while, but eventually most of the colonies ended up as independent countries, often after a civil war. If you don't like the decisions that the team at Firaxis made, then don't play the game.

3) Posting the following is completely useless for anyone from Firaxis who may be reading your post trying to find bugs to fix :

>> 51. Fix diplomatic victory.

You're going to need to explain what you think is wrong with Diplomatic victory. What were you expecting versus what happened? Is it too easy or too hard to get a diplomatic victory? Did you turn off Diplomatic victory as a game option but still manage to win this way? When you're writing about something that needs to be fixed in the product, assume that the person reading your post is a geeky C++ code junky who may not have even played the game from start to finish, and has certainly not read the 10,000 other posts on the forum to know what you're talking about. Also refer to points #1 and #2 again. I was going to rant about what's a bug again, but I think I've covered that already.

4) Have you actually attempted to contact Firaxis/InfoGrames and reported the BUG (I want to rant again, but I'll stop myself) that you've found? Have you gone to the trouble of finding out what the official process is to get your problem looked at or are you just assuming that by posting in Apolyton and saying "Fix Diplomatic Victory" that when the first patch comes out that all your problems will magically disappear?

I'm done now. Feel free to respond. I am fire-proof.

Reg