Old March 13, 2000, 12:36   #1
Sir Shiva

Extra-political Entities
Another idea - the presence of extra-political entites in civ3 could make the game much more interesting..

For starts, minor nations - they have already been spoken about and i think that their inclusion is a must. There should be an 'awe' factor also in diplomacy, and the formation of blocs, based on governmental types... Minor nations could be made sattellite states or buffer states..

Religion should also be included.. it has been spoken about in another forum, and I suggest u read about it.. I wish I knew how to quote from another forum...

Apart from these two, the could be corporations and MNCs.. They could act independenly and go around the world messing up the environment, bribing countries, destroying the local economies of others, looting resources, providing support for research etc.

And there could be international terrorist organisations, with which you could wage war, pay off to engage in a proxy war with another nations (whom you could be at peace with and the such...

Diplomacy will have to be modified drastically.. For starts, larger alliances must be allowed (eg. Nato, Warsaw Pact) and on formation, it would be agreed to hold annual meetings to formulate policy etc..
There could be countries keeping away from the blocs - a Non Aligned Movement could start, with mutual cooperation etc.. Regional economic communities should be possible, with trade benefits, shared infrastucture etc.. If corporations are incorporated, a WTO could be thought about..

Will post more on this...

------------------
-Shiva
Email: shiva@mailops.com
Web: http://www.crosswinds.net/india/~shiva

Old March 13, 2000, 16:41   #2
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Shiva, I also had thoughts about an international terrorist organization which you can hire to do some dirty work. It'll cost but if I don't have enough spies I can do it. Also, it will remain confidential, meaning, that unlike spy attacks, there is no way I'll be revealed as the civ that ordered the hit.

I also support the large alliances thought.
Good thinking.
Old March 13, 2000, 19:25   #3
MidKnight Lament
King

Local Time: 10:17
Minor nations are more than a must. We've been told by Firaxis that they're in. (Everything is subject to change of course, but seeing as they're being bloody careful what they say, I think we can assume that what little they have said will be carried through).

-MKL
Old April 1, 2000, 01:23   #4
Sir Shiva

Reviving it..

while i'm at it, http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HT...tml?date=03:31

Old April 5, 2000, 08:42   #5
Stuff2
Warlord

Local Time: 00:17
There are more organisations i want in:
- Greenpeace
- SIDA
- Amnesty
- Red cross
- WTO (World Trade Organisation)
- WHO (World Health Organisation)

Then ofcourse we have leaders of the biggest religions and the leaders of the biggest corporations to deal with.
Old April 5, 2000, 13:13   #6
tniem
King

Local Time: 19:17
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Stuff2,

I like have these extra organizations but would they only come into to play in the 20th Century? What about the majority of the time period in the game? If I am trying to conquor the world, whether or not I am going to acomplish this goal is already decided at this point. So, it would only have relevance in the space race?

I suggest instead having political opinion of the people that would force you to change policy. This could kind of be like the SimCity paper that told you what your citizens felt need to be changed and improved on. In Civ III this could be a newspaper (time period- tablet, town harold, newspaper, internet) that says what your people want you to do. Maybe in Athens they want to build an aqueduct while in Sparta they want to conquer the Aztecs. It would seem to have the same pros to your organizations and add extra complexity and intricicy.