Old November 26, 2001, 07:00   #1
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Corruption fix
Hi! I'm new to this forum. First, I should say that I have not managed to play the game yet, have to repair my damned computer first
Anyway, I have read the forums and it seems like many people think that corruption is way too high. I gave it some thought and figured that one easy way to solve the corruption problem would be to include it as an option when you create a new game. You choose which level of corruption this game will have, just as you select the barbarian activity!
I guess this should be easy to implement, plus it would also keep people away from editing the rules, which is cheating to many people.
Old November 26, 2001, 07:02   #2
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 19:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hello
I am Inge from Sweden
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 26, 2001, 08:03   #3
benjy
Settler

Local Time: 17:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
but if a person considers editing to be cheating, wouldn that same person consider turning it off completely to be cheating?

anyway, ive played a few games now and have just not found corruption to be the problem that some of the threads suggest - though sure its an issue...

ill probably get some stick over that last comment!
Old November 26, 2001, 08:36   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:31
Soren said that he was 'taking a look at corruption' for the patch, so hopefully when thats released, there will be some changes to it. In some areas its just *too* much, even after building the courthouse. There isnt enough ways to combat it.

But (hopefully) soon, this will be changed.
Old November 26, 2001, 08:43   #5
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 02:31
Benjy, the idea was not to disable corruption. It should definitely be there. It should rather be an option between low, medium or high corruption (or something similar). This kind of setting could potentially also be used to affect courthouse efficiency and such things. However, if you put it to lowest level you should get a big scoring penalty for it.