Old November 27, 2001, 02:22   #1
Jeje2
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Blitzkrieg by the Greek Vorlon Kosh
Hi,
wanna share a couple of thoughts on my current game.
(Huge continental World with 16 civs on Regent-level as Greek)

Well I was in the middle of the BIG continent with seven neighbours, we each got some territorium in early game. (I managed to stay off the small wars.)

Game progressed so that I tried to discover something first and then sell it to the others for good prices. (They pay quite well ;-) Of course I sell as late as possiple - so I can increase my techgap. Things were good until modern age when I discovered that I didn't have on my ground any rubber, oil, aluminium or uranium. (Pure random luck???)

And the prices AI wanted for them were ridicoulous. (oil: 3-5 techs+all my cash+map)

So it was time for a short war. (Com on I was the only one with tanks, still)
Oh, and just south of my border I could get rubber, aluminium and uranium by taking three Brittish cities. (So bought oil and rubber at high, but acceptaple price) Then built tanks, a lot of them fast and began my blitzkrieg against the Brittish.

They never knew what hit them. Took five cities in two turns, before dictating peace. Unfourtanately they got India (next best civilization) to declare war on me beforew peace.

So then India (has two cities on my continent) started gathering allies agains me and I had to the same. (Well desided to hire people against my northern neighbour, Russia. They have some oil.)

Long story to short: It's 1645AD I am currently at war with 10 countries. (Have dictated peace to England and Germany already). And Everybody is at war with everybody else. (India got my allies to declare war on me etc...)

Well I just built Apollo program with a leader and try to make my rocket first
inbetween my fighting.

So this Greek Vorlon Kosh still has to learn some more about German Blitzkrieg technics - but meanwhile I'm all ROTFL...
My little coffe-breake-argue with the Britts turned out to World War 1.

(Played yesterday for maybe 4 hours and got two turns, needed some serious strateging all the way... ) Have to continue my game later tonight... (India just showed that they too have tanks.)

P.S. My best game sofar, unfortunately.

P.P.S. Is there a system on AI that after losing ficve cities they will accept peace nomatterwhat?? (It took on both Britts and German five captured cities, before they even listened to me so I could dictate peace.)

Last edited by Jeje2; November 27, 2001 at 04:39.
Old December 1, 2001, 10:17   #2
Jeje2
Prince

Local Time: 19:34
I'm not lauhging anymore
OK,
something is totally wrong with CivIII...

I have palyed maybe 10 turns after last post and:
- dictated peace to England, Germany & Rome
- made peace with India & Japan

So what is the situation?
- England decided just to declare war on me??
(Now I kicked theire ass once´really bad - now they want more?Com on they have 3 tanks to my 42 tanks etc.) Destroyed three of his cities at once and still England tries to dictate to me...

- China is at war with me. Made a mutal protection deal with Japan. (I just forced them to a peace) but oh no if I even try to attack a chineese Japan is at war with me again??

- Azecs just landed with 8 warriors (or whatever) on my continent and tried to dictate peace asking for a couple of techs. Destroyed them on landingsite, but no still thinks he is in lead of war???

So the system just sucks in this situation. England is the proof. Kicked there ass only to have to kick it again ten turns later. (And most likely again ten turns later if I ver make peace with him anymore.)

What do you think about the situation? (Sure I was into 8 wars, when England declared war on me, but out of those 8 only two were on my continent) Is this the way the game-engine should work or???

I'm frustated, but let's go kick her royal ass...
Old December 1, 2001, 13:32   #3
splangy
Prince

Local Time: 12:34
WOW! that sounds pretty bad. I actually think its just that your against the Brits, they have this wierd ability to get the world pissed off at you. But I have never seen this happen with any other Civ. *mumble*Friggin Brits*/mumble*