Old November 27, 2001, 02:30   #1
miike
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Nice things about communism
Ok, the other day, I saw a couple of posts about changing to communism when you are attacking people, to prevent war weariness in your cities. I give this a shot, not knowing much about communism. I mostly play republic until I get democracy. Anyways, I didn't know that under a communism that you have to sacrifice your citizens to hurry production, like despotism. Anyways, I began to invade my neighbor with a giant modern armor assault. I take over a few cities, and the turn that there isn't any resisiters, I hurry production on making defending units. At the same time, bringing the size of the city down. Do this like twice and take some of those giant cities and make them more managable. Anyways, smaller cities, mean fewer units keeping the cities from overthrowing my government. I can conqueor faster. I really like this. Also something weird. When I switched to communism I got the message " we love the shogun day has ended" in most of my cities. I guess people were upset with me over the gov change. But the turn after, I declared war on my neighbor, the citizens went back to having their love the shogun day. Maybe under a communism, the war weariness works in reverse? Making people happy instead of angry? I don't know, just something I have noticed. Let me know what you think.
Old November 27, 2001, 02:59   #2
ElitePersian
Prince

Declaring war on your neigbours has a positive IMMEDIATE effect cause it gets rid of the uncertainty...your citizens will know what's going on, instead of being in the dark.
Old November 27, 2001, 06:01   #3
agen_h
Settler

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Really... Does COMMUNISM have such good benefits...? Never Know that. I think I too, must start using this government type...

Old November 27, 2001, 10:29   #4
Crom
Chieftain

I'm playing Egypt at about 1400AD and thinking about changing to Communism from Democracy, but I'm pretty equal on science terms with the other civs.

How bad will the drag effect on my research be?
Old November 27, 2001, 12:43   #5
Magician
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Crom
I'm playing Egypt at about 1400AD and thinking about changing to Communism from Democracy, but I'm pretty equal on science terms with the other civs.

How bad will the drag effect on my research be?
I always got 2/3 or less science point after changing from Democrazy to Communism.
Old November 27, 2001, 12:49   #6
Crom
Chieftain

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to stay with democracy and just be that bit nicer to by neighbouring Civs.
Old November 27, 2001, 13:06   #7
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 12:34
Of course, your espionage chances go up under Communism. Unfortunately this is too expensive.