Old November 27, 2001, 09:47   #1
Slocombe
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Is the industrial age piano music Mozart?
Anybody know if the piano ditty in the Industrial Age is original or from a classical composer?

It sounds, to my untrained ear, like Mozart.

If anyone can say what it is, it would be cool, cos that darn toon has been going around in my head all day, and I wanna get the real thing!
Old November 27, 2001, 10:53   #2
Fredric Drum
Warlord

Local Time: 18:35
Re: Is the industrial age piano music Mozart?
Quote:
Originally posted by Slocombe
Anybody know if the piano ditty in the Industrial Age is original or from a classical composer?

It sounds, to my untrained ear, like Mozart.

If anyone can say what it is, it would be cool, cos that darn toon has been going around in my head all day, and I wanna get the real thing!

Just fired it up now, and it sure sounds like Mozart. One thing is 100% certain, this is not an original piece! Please arquebuse me at sunrise if I'm wrong, but those delicate semi-virtouso passages along with a steady bass-line along with how variations are dealt with make me believe this is Mozart. And if it's not, please give me the name of the Firaxian who composed this, so that I can become a fan of his! But I can't really see that happening... none of this modern cr... uhm, very bad piano music comes anywhere close to this piece.

Fred
Old November 27, 2001, 11:48   #3
Slocombe
Chieftain

My thoughts exactly!

I wonder if Sid played it? (Have you seen the "Sid's Induction Into The Hall Of Fame" Vid on the LE? He's a good piano player!

Last edited by Slocombe; November 27, 2001 at 11:54.
Old November 27, 2001, 12:47   #4
Fredric Drum
Warlord

Local Time: 18:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Slocombe
My thoughts exactly!

I wonder if Sid played it? (Have you seen the "Sid's Induction Into The Hall Of Fame" Vid on the LE? He's a good piano player!

No, I missed that one... didn't know he played the piano! But why not? It all kinda fits....

Fred
Old November 28, 2001, 01:11   #5
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 13:35
Re: Re: Is the industrial age piano music Mozart?
Quote:
Originally posted by Fredric Drum

Just fired it up now, and it sure sounds like Mozart. One thing is 100% certain, this is not an original piece! Please arquebuse me at sunrise if I'm wrong, but those delicate semi-virtouso passages along with a steady bass-line along with how variations are dealt with make me believe this is Mozart. And if it's not, please give me the name of the Firaxian who composed this, so that I can become a fan of his! But I can't really see that happening... none of this modern cr... uhm, very bad piano music comes anywhere close to this piece.

Fred
I don't think it is Mozart. I have a collection of sheet music for his piano sonatas, and it isn't in there. Also, it doesn't quite sound like Mozart to me, but I also could be wrong on that.
Old November 28, 2001, 07:01   #6
Seneca
King

No - there's something a little unrefined about the harmonic progressions, and not enough harmonic variety. I'd know the real Wolfgang A. if I heard it.