Old November 27, 2001, 11:38   #1
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 19:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Celebrations
What's the incentive for keeping your cities celebrating under the different government forms (especially Democracy)? There's no mention of the effects in the Civilopedia, and I don't recall reading about it in the manual either.

As it is, I aim to keep my cities in celebration mode, but that's more due to old habit. I know there's no population increase under Republic/Democracy like in CivII, but then what are the benefits?

I should say I'm only on my 2nd game of CivIII, and I'm starting to wonder if I could put my revenue to better use than watching the pretty fireworks across the continent.
Old November 27, 2001, 11:51   #2
Wolfgang76
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:35
Bonus
Both commerce and production are increased in "we love the leader" day. Mostly due to the fact that less of the population is needed to be entertainers. Late in the game with coruption running rampant this becomes a great help.

2cents
Old November 28, 2001, 12:03   #3
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 19:35
So, has anyone made a comparison on the increased commerse and production in a celebrating Democracy?

I'm not too sure about the entertainer thing you mention, Wolfgang. There's a considerable span between avoiding civil disorder and going into a celebration. You don't always have to apply entertainers to stay out of disorder, so I'm thinking that can't be the main benefit of celebrating (that you can put entertainers to better use).

Any other observations on the benefits of continuous celebrations in Democracy?
Old November 28, 2001, 13:37   #4
benjy
Settler

Local Time: 17:35
...it helps reduce corruption (check out the latest "Ask the Civ Team" on civ3.com)