Old November 27, 2001, 13:40   #1
Jusbaummer
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Do Iroquois have the best abilities???
Surprisingly, I found that really not so powerful civ, Iroquois could have best abilities!

Religious: Very useful. Temples are cheap, so you get easily little culture for your smallest towns.

Expansionist: Useful too. Eases exploration especially in the beginning.

Both abilities are best in ancient times (where the golden age is too), which makes Histograph victory also easier, because it counts average...example:

You're Iroquois. You become superpower in ancient times. In modern times Americans, who have their golden age then, start to run over you. You almost get defeated, but time runs out. Histograph comes. It shows that Americans were nothing before modern times, and surprisingly, average is on your side.

Do Iroquois really have best abilities? And if so, WHY?
Old November 27, 2001, 17:01   #2
King of Rasslin
Prince

Local Time: 17:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sorry dude
That "fair" histograph is mostly, actually, it IS all dependant on the SIZE of your empire and the SIZE of the cities, and the happiness of the inhabitants.

Commercial is so important to reduce corruption as it makes a large empire possible. The only exception is if you are playing on an island map.

If you have a decent road connection and just 10% of your money to luxury, you shouldn't have difficulty with angry people on regent, especially with your warriors "suppressing unhappiness"

If they still resist, you can make those temples with a rush, and it only costs 1 or 2 people. They get over it rather quickly, IMO.

Culture is more abundant in scientific buildings like libraries or universities. Literature is one of the first advances i get, so i can get the republic. I go for libraries first since i trade enough for luxuries.

If you are expansionist, you need commercial to reduce corruption in that big empire you are making.

The only nation with expansionist and commercial is the English. The Iroquois are not that good.

BTW a golden age can occur at any time, usually after u make a wonder that matches your civ's attributes. Are u only getting the ages in the ancient time?

Try to improve your skills after then, they might be lacking if u can't hit a golden age after the pyramids.

Commercial is very important on large maps. On a smaller map, the Iroquois might be ok with their UU in a fast game. But in large, complex games, you are better off with commercial.