Old November 27, 2001, 14:44   #1
dhchait
Settler

Local Time: 12:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
9999999 - doesn't work for me!?
Hey all:

So I keep seeing people talk about this 9999999 bug; so I wanted to see what all the fuss is about.

However when I ask the computer for this much it handles it properly -- he tells me no way that's too much to pay.

Does this only work in specific instances?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere; I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Thanks,

D
Old November 27, 2001, 14:48   #2
Elucidus
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4WDG StrategaC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4WDG Spamyard TeamC4WDG éirich tuireannC4WDG The GooniesC4WDG People's Army of the LadderC4WDG Calysium
Prince

Local Time: 11:36
I believe it is per turn only.
Old November 27, 2001, 14:50   #3
quinalla
Apolyton University
Warlord

I think you may have to ask several times in a row too, haven't tried it myself though.

-quinalla
Old November 27, 2001, 15:04   #4
AHO
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:36
The one circumstance in which I tried it was at the end of a war. We were discussing the peace treaty and I asked for 9999999 per turn on top of the treaty, and the AI agreed. I tried it again with all 1's and it worked too. It only works for one turn though. The computer freaks out if you try to keep getting it every turn and it won't recognize that you have any money in your coffers, which will result in you're having to sell off improvements to pay for your units. So, when you get the 11111111 gold pieces, you have to cancel the agreement (I just declared war against them again 'cuz I was winning handily) before the next turn.

I played the rest of the game with the 11111111 gold pieces, buying whatever I needed, just to see what would happen, and I was amazed by the fact that France and England actually kept pace with me, and actually moved ahead of me in science/advancements! Hmmmmm. Even when you cheat, the AI can cheat better!
Old November 27, 2001, 16:51   #5
Zizka
Chieftain

for the 99999999 per turn bug to work you have to demand it froma Civ that is in pretty bad shape in the war. In the cases i have seen that Civ is usually down to 1-2 cities and is about to get it.. bad..

"I'll give you anything.. even what I don't have and what doesnt exist.. if you just let me live..." Geez if the AI could conjure up so much gold you'd think he could buy itself an entire army.. annoying bug .. I dont use it a sit spoil sthinsg too much.. now the bombardment bug is a another story

Z
Old November 27, 2001, 17:30   #6
Ghengis Brom
Chieftain

The 9999999999 bug
It works when you sue another for peace. In addition to the peace treaty you also ask for 999999999 gold and the agree. I did it against the Romans for 777,768,980, I had been kicking their butts up till then. By the second turn I had 1.5 billion gold. The catch is on the third turn you go down to 0. So what I did was wait for the next turn I had 1.5 billion then I attacked the Romans again, ending the treaty. I kept the 1.5 billion for the rest of the turns after that. I played that game into the 1400's and just got completely bored. Just goes to show, money isn't everything.

Me at work ---->
Old November 27, 2001, 17:51   #7
Minmaster
Warlord

Local Time: 09:36
i was able to do it, and to do it, u must be kicking sumone's ass to the point they get really desperate. like the previous post said, it kind of got boring after that so i gave up
Old November 27, 2001, 20:08   #8
N. Machiavelli
Prince

Local Time: 18:36
YOu can do it directly in he begining, even if the civis stronger than you. I've tried it from Chieften to Diety and it works every time, which is why I don't use it.

In anycase, asking for 9999999 doesn't always work, but asking for 1000000000 does for some reason.
Old November 28, 2001, 05:50   #9
Boney
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 18:36
I have tried it too, and it works every time. Just keep hitting the button until it decides to give it to you just to shut you up.

But it cannot buy wonders. Also it doesn't seem to help research, which is taken only from your earnings. But with all that money you can buy any advance anyway.
Old November 28, 2001, 11:17   #10
Ghengis Brom
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Boney
But it cannot buy wonders. Also it doesn't seem to help research, which is taken only from your earnings. But with all that money you can buy any advance anyway.
One thing I discovered after getting my 1.5 billion was that there is really no way hurrying a Wonder. Even if you start producing a high-sheild-cost improvement and pay to hurry it, you then can not select a Wonder, Palace, or Forbidden City. So the only way of rushing a Wonder is a Leader. The thing is, I got my first only leader with the Iroqouis, Shennendoah, a few days ago and they are almost too cool looking to sacrifice on a Wonder. I wish they were a super combat unit, but alas, they are a mere 0/0/2.

Me at home playing CivIII ------> "I am above the law!"