Old November 27, 2001, 17:01   #1
FRITZ
Settler

Local Time: 17:36
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenario: The Seven Year War
Dear all Ctp2 fans,
I have preapared the scenario "The Seven Year War" (in German: "Der Siebenjährige Krieg"). At the present time this scenario is only avaiable in German language, but I will prepare an English version in the next time.
If you are able to read German you can look at my homepage:
http:/home.t-online.de/home/dteetz/

Maybe a lot of people have seen in Friedrich the Great and the Seven Year War the source of the great wars in the last century.
Perhaps people are only responsible for their acting in the present time and they can not look too far to the future.
Friedrich the Great has had more than two faces.
He was one of the most interesting persons in the German history.

Best wishes to the members

Fritz
Old December 7, 2001, 23:06   #2
ENGINEER
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:06
Any work on the english version yet? Has anyone thought about doing a World War II or WWI scenario?
Old December 18, 2001, 17:21   #3
FRITZ
Settler

The SEVEN YEAR WAR
Dear CTP2-fans,

I have tried to translate my "SEVEN YEAR WAR Scenario", but I am not a native English speaker (and writer) and I don´t possess the English version of Call To Power II.
It would be glad if you could give me a mail (dteetz@t-online.de) in case of a mistake anywhere.
You can find the scenario on my homepage:
htpp://home.t-online.de/home/dteetz/

Have fun with the scenario.

Best wishes

Fritz
Old December 18, 2001, 18:07   #4
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:36
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here: are you asking us for help in translating the thing or are you saying you uploaded an English translation to your website (I don't see anything - I think)? Or something else entirely...

Either way, I'd be glad to help you out a bit. However, although my English is quite good, my German is a bit rusty to say the least (and I don't have terribly much time), so I'm not sure of how much help I *can* be. I'm downloading the scenario as we speak anyway, to see what I can do...
Old December 18, 2001, 20:58   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Well, I downloaded the files and I now know you did upload a English (or rather bilingual) version of the scenario.

I had a good look at the files, played the scenario for a couple of turns and I must say I'm impressed: it's a very nice scenario indeed. Congratulations on a job well done, Fritz Based on first impression I'd give it at least an 8 (on a 1-10 scale). No fancy graphics, tons of SLIC or extremely detailed map ala Alexander the Great but still some nice new units, a thorough historic base (you appear to have done your homework exceptionally well) and what appears to be (after playing only a handful of turns) interesting gameplay. Harlan had some professional programmers and artists helping him out so it's not fair to compare his scenario with this one but it's similar in style. And although it doesn't have all the SLIC events of Alex to enliven things up (but also creates all sorts of bugs and speed & balance problems), it would appear that this scenario will be similarly entertaining to play (and a lot faster too! ).

I would definitely advise anyone to try this out and disregard Fritz's warnings about the German: all the important stuff is in intelligable English (it sure as hell ain't no Pulitzer material but it gets the point across), the German is few and far between. The few loose terms that are in German are IMHO pretty self-explanatory, even to someone who doesn't speak a single word German (Oktober->October, that sort of stuff). The only part that might be tough to understand is the intro in the scenario selection screen but that basically only (very briefly) summarizes the contents of the (English) readme files. And if anyone must know what exactly it sais: here's the translation:
Quote:
The Seven Year War
To be or not to be. [In 1756 AD,] Frederick the Great [of Prussia] feared a [coordinated] attack by Austria and Russia. He [decides to] launch a pre-emptive strike and has to fight against Austria, Russia, France, Sweden, Saxon and the German 'Reichs-army' (Federal army).
Well, I'm off to bed now, it's getting late and was already tired before I started to download this thing Tomorrow I'll try and get Markos to post a(nother) news item about this
Old January 6, 2002, 05:47   #6
FRITZ
Settler

Hi Locutus,

thanks for testing my scenario.

I will try to understand the possibilities of SLIC-programming, so I will read all your SLIC-informations.
Old January 9, 2002, 18:50   #7
Locutus
Deity

The pleasure was all mine. That's great, we always need more SLIC people. However, be warned: your scenario does fine without SLIC already and learning and programming SLIC can be very time-consuming. Don't say I didn't warn you
Old February 2, 2002, 12:51   #8
FRITZ
Settler

I have improved my "SEVEN YEAR WAR SCENARIO" by creating a Slic-Code.
This Code works good if you are the Prussian Player. If you play the Austrian, the Saxons, the Russians you will have problems with your
allied partners.

I am sorry, if you have tried to download my scenario in the last days. I haven´t considered that the capacity border of my homepage was reached. I took away the Apolyton part - you find this in the net.

The scenario is now avaiable again with the slic-code.

Fritz