Old November 28, 2001, 00:23   #1
Signa
Warlord

Local Time: 11:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Revenge of New France
Huge world map... 7 civs (including me)... Forgot level....

French
Romans
Aztecs
Zulus
Chinese
Greece
Iriquios

THE BEGINNING:
I started with my capitol, Paris, where it is in modern days. I expanded to 8 cities (someone said that is a good strat...) with Temples and Liberies. I owned all of Northern Europe east to the Urals. Then I meet Rome. I feared for my life for all I had was a pair of archers at each city. By some miracle, they acted peacefully, traded techs, mutual protection, and we became best buds with Ceasar. After exchanging maps i found they had all of Southern Europe, all of Africa above the Sahara, and last Mesaptamia. They had already wasted the Greeks with there powerful Legions in the first 10 turns or so.

ZULU WAR:
We sat tight for awhile before making contact with the Zulus and a horde of fast moving Impi desending upon the Roman cities in Africa. They called for help, and it came. I had just started producing Knights and the bulk of my army (which was small) was made up of Archers, Spearmen, and a few Swordsmen (thanks for the Iron Rome). Anyways, between my re-enforcements and Rome's legions we wasted the quick but large invasion force. By now I had all of the planes in Siberia out to the unattractive lands, plus England was colonized. Rome had found its way through Persia and into India. It really surprised me how a Militaristic civ could be such a good friend.

CHINESE WAR:
My musketeers arrived just in time to greet the Chinese, which where also very friendly before unleashing a horde of Riders on my frontier settlements, but the mighty Musketeer repealed the invasion. Rome got aggresive and took about 1/3 (3 or 4) cities before they sued for peace. My golden age led to me getting a small fleet of Galleons, which colonized Iceland, Greenland, and set-up "New France" in what today we call Canada and the eastern USA. Just then, once my new provience in America was flousishing, the Aztecs came to play.

AZTEC WAR:
They demanded huge ransom to save my cities, and i said "do your worst". That they did. They wasted 4 cities, torching the cities and selling the citizens. With only two French cities left in the new world, i said "uncle". I pay them to call of there dogs (a huge force of Riflemen and Calvary, plus the worthless little Jaguar Warriors) and licked my wounds. They had a few great leaders i suppose, probly from a war they fought and killed the Iriquios in in like 5000BC. I recovered nicely from a short time of uncertaine, after first colonizing the newfound continent of Australia under the French flag. Then, a world war began.

WORLD WAR (PREFRIX TO WAR):
You hafta understand before i go on, the Aztecs where the most powerful. Zulus was a close second. I was third, then Rome, then China. It was about 1950 or so, and everyone was armed with Modern Armor, Mech Infantry, the whole tech tree. Me and China had kiss and made up long. Then the thunder struck. The Aztecs and Zulus both declared war on me, Rome, and China under a military allience. All the sudden my early warning subs detected transport force loading off the Coast of America, and Rome found Tanks rolling into the Sahara. Gulp. I got the Romans and Chinese in the exact same boat as me. WWI, AZTEC&ZULU VS FRANCE,ROME,&CHINA.

WORLD WAR (INVASION REPEAL):
I swithched all my cities to military hardware. Thank you Industious civilization trait. Within 5 turns I had doubled my armies size, and just in time. The Aztecs had already gobbled up the British Isles, and proceeded to land at Normandy. Operation "RED FLAG" was put into effect. I let them have the first few cities of mine, and then started the plan. I had loaded a ton of Arterilly, Armor, and Mech Inf. into transports and landed them right where the Aztecs landed, behind enemy lines. They had defended their new cities, but not well enough. I took back my territory, and corned the invasion force (almost all Armor) between the Roman defense in the Alps and my force. I slaughtered them all without any mercy. Now to saving my ally.

WORLD WAR (NUCELAR STRIKE):
All of Roman Africa was Zulu controlled. My fleet landed them in Morocco, and took back Roman cities while the Zulu armor and other stuff was stuck at the Persia highlands after conquering Mesapatamia. Before they knew it, my Modern Armor obliterated their force forever. I found out that China had saved the Roman areas of India and Persia, and was glad my 2 techs was well spent on them. It took 20 turns, but the homeland was secure. Operation "YELLOW FLAG" was next. I had two nukes under my belt, and had set-up military bases secretly upon Cuba and Madagascar. On the same turn, Zimbawe and Tech... (whatever) felt the power of the thunder. A quick landing and both cities where mine.

WORLD WAR (ENDGAME):
Operation "GREEN FLAG" ended WWI. China landed a huge force on the west South American coast soon after, and proceed to own the continent. My vetern and tough as hell force that expelled two invasion landed of the east coast of the USA, and took over all of North America. Rome went south and kept the Zulus busy for awhile, and eventually me and China landed seperate forces on the east and west coast of Africa and smashed them. Losses had been grave on all sides, but the military and economic might of the allience (as it came to be called) made up for it in sheer numbers.

PEACE AT LAST:
By 2020, the triple allience of Rome, France, and China remained in the world. I built the United Nations, and was soon demed the leader of the world. I beat out two powers that i never would of dreamed at touching. I wanted a nice peaceful existence, but was forced into war. This is the best game at anything I have ever played.

Later...

Last edited by Signa; November 30, 2001 at 17:41.
Old November 28, 2001, 00:36   #2
splangy
Prince

Local Time: 12:37
Good post!

I love World Wars, but they always seem to be 80% of the world, vs me and a Allie who usualy has to be bought and surrenders quickly... *sigh*...
Old November 28, 2001, 19:10   #3
Signa
Warlord

Local Time: 11:37
Thanks...
Thanks for the good review... Anyone else so i can perfect my next story...

Last edited by Signa; November 28, 2001 at 19:23.
Old November 29, 2001, 13:18   #4
lqw
Settler

Local Time: 17:37
well, that seems to have been an exciting and very interesting game.
if you post such a long text, maybe you should make use of paragraphs, would be much easier to read.

lqw
Old November 29, 2001, 22:50   #5
Chronus
Prince

Local Time: 17:37
Nice story, Signa! I hope you do more.

I agree with lqw: try breaking down common themes of your story into paragraphs. It will help make reading it easer.

A hefty to the author!
Old November 30, 2001, 16:31   #6
War4ever
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:37
paragraphs would help....keeps things neater and allows you to expand you views...
Old November 30, 2001, 20:15   #7
Grundel
Warlord

Local Time: 12:37
Good job.

Sounds like a real fascinating game. You could invision events like that happening in real life, which is what makes this game so cool

If you don't mind me saying, I like reading stories in which are written in character...from the prospectives of the countries involved rather than from a game players perspective. YOu may want to try that angle in the future for your next game (See chronicles of Imhotep, really good story )

In any rate, please post some more Like I have said before, readking these stories really raises my enjoyment levels when I play. Keep posting !