Old April 23, 2000, 14:07   #1
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
better AI . reality problem
Hi !
I bet you were surprised . reality problem ? how ? its good . the only problem is :explain to me how can I stick the whole population of europe to europe ? how can I build a city which passes the 15 million population .... they will starve ... so there must be a dramatical improvement in map "resolution" or such a technology that will allow a dramatic grow in crops in the modern age and , I prefer the first one . and plz allow inter civilisation trade in a diffrent way : you sell food and get money , you sell luxury and get food you sell production and get money you sell food you get production ... etc. etc. etc .

goverments should influence the diplomatic relations between countries , so it would be hard to find fascists and democrates coopertaing ... even impossible . and also there would be a smarter AI . plz let them use the carrier . and another thing . how can a missile be launched and then landed in another city ? !!!! and why is the range for nukes for the AI so big ? I checked it and a nuke can hit ya if there is an enemy city in the range no metter if it contains a nuke or not . even if the nuke is half map away !

ok thats it . good work all the folks that work on the series and keep me busy .

Old April 25, 2000, 00:23   #2
general_charles
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:18
I think you may be right.
There are some problems in civ2, and I think the whole point of these forums is to solve them. The problem with the missiles is true, missile(I think) should be build only if you have missile silos ready, and they should be transported there by truck of airplane or boat convoy, this has been the whole point of the cuban missile crisis, the building up of missile silos and transportation of those miisiles.
Furthermore, I think you are totally right on the alliances between governments, governments should always be able to live in harmony, however, they should not be allowed to have alliances that easily if they are different. I don't know if you have played CTP but the peace treaties and alliances are really bad organized, other civs never agrea to have peace (even in the easiest levels) and it only last for a short time. In real life, peace treaties have long time purposes and only cease fire agreements come to an end. I think governments should be classed from left to right, for example:
communism - ecologism - republic - democracy - imperialism - military dictatorship - fascism
and alliances should only be permitted between governments that are close to one another or the same.
Old April 27, 2000, 11:05   #3
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:18
Missile silos ? nice Idea ,General ! also that idea of this scale is a good one .but where do you place theocracy ? and where do you place fundamentalism ?
Old April 27, 2000, 11:31   #4
The Joker
Prince

Local Time: 02:18
In reality it is not very hard for civs with different gov types to cooperate. During the cold war both superpowers supported various very, VERY nondemocratic civs. In US's case they supported Iraq (during the 80s against the fundamentalist Iran), Vietnam (southern Vietnam was a dictatorship) and virtually all dictators in South America, including Pinochet.

I think that in fact economic system is far more important than gov type in picking which civs to coorperate with and which to be hostile towards. The reason the US supported all these dictators was, that they all used a capitalistic economic system, although the people in those countries often prefered communism. This way the US could use its containtment strategy in which they tryed to contain communism.

I hope that most people agree that the Civ2 type govs should be replaced by the SMAC style SE. The latter is far better in describing the various gov types in the world. It should of cause be developed, with more and better options.