Old July 29, 2000, 14:26   #1
Krait
Settler

Local Time: 22:42
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Customized Worlds with more hills/mountains?
Well, I just dug up Civ II again, and after a lot of tries with custom worlds, I noticed there are very few hills or mountains, while everything is full of Grassland and other low terrain...
Maybe someone can tell me how to coax some more high terrain out of the computer generated maps? I really do not like those flat maps (I study Geology... go figure...)
Thanks and lata all

Krait
Old July 29, 2000, 15:34   #2
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 19:12
I don't like lots of hills and mountians but that's all I can get from the game. Besides making your own game when you customize world, pick 3 billion years old. That should give you more mountians and hills. You could also try a cold planet. Might help.

------------------
"I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
"If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
Old July 29, 2000, 17:29   #3
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 17:42
No need to customize... Just play on a 32 by 35 (or similar size) world. Half the world will be mountains and hills. We play a lot of MP on very small worlds, and that's usually what we get
Old August 19, 2000, 13:10   #4
Quantum Satis
Settler

Local Time: 23:42
Krait, you can get a more varied terrain in the larger worlds by increasing the age of the planet. A world with 10000 squares and an age of 20 billion years have much more mountains, hills and lakes, and a lot less of plains and grassland. If you have the PC version, open the file Game.txt and under CUSTOMAGE you can add more selections after those 3, 4, 5 billion years. Add all the selections 6, 7, 8 ... and up to whatever you want.

However, a small world 20 billion years old will mostly have mountains and lakes and "Not enough arable land" as the Map Editor complains. I suggest that if somebody change the game in this way, you don't use the "Start a New Game" option, but instead the "Customize World" or "Start on a Premade World". You can change (in the same file) the "Start a New Game" to "(Unusable)" to remind of this.