Old December 2, 2001, 19:21   #31
Zizka
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cyrai: really? I thought your army was destroyed rather than switching sides. If this is true then OMG if that is true and left unpatched then Civ III may be uninstalled from my HD real fast.

I dont mind some abstraction or lack of realism but having your army switch sides during war is just plain silly. (yeah yeah i know there have been many mutinies and civil wars in history). I have seen far to many unwinnable wars -- not on account of poor strategy, diplomacy or cunning use of resources but through wholesale bad game balance.

Z

Com eon Sid give us patch that will keep the dream alive!!
Old December 2, 2001, 19:36   #32
Venger
King

Local Time: 11:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Libertarian

Who are you, sir? And what have you done with our Venger?
It's me, the life force has been drained from me from my game of Civ3. I doubt I'll play it again...

Venger
Old December 2, 2001, 20:58   #33
Stryfe
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:50
OK, I though it was unrealistic when a size 14 city overthrew a 17 unit army. But the worst was yet to come! I recently conquered the Egyptian's capital after decreasing its size to 4 and garrisoning it with 12 units. Are you really going to tell me that those 4 pop points had ANY chance whatsoever against an army that large? I'm guessing the result of an assault like that could only be the complete destruction of every citizen who was stupid enough to assault the military forces there. Whatever the strength of culture, in the short term, it is nothing beside the power of blood and iron (think of them as the magnetic and the nuclear forces, if you will; one is weak but relatively constant, the other, powerful, but short ranged).