Old May 3, 2000, 02:47   #31
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 19:19
Local Date: October 30, 2010
personally i think the building system needs to change i think it should work like this

each building has a set build time...lets say an aircraft factory takes 20 turns to build but each turn it would need 10 minerals

if it didn't get ten minerals production would slow down and if it didn't get a set number of minerals a turn like say three it couldn't build at all

hmmm i haven't gotten it completely worked out but things should have a specified build time, and you could either speed that build time up dramatically or slow it down...however to build something four times faster wouldn't just take four times the resources...it would take a higher number than that, like maybe to build something four times faster might takes six times the resources for example

korn469
Old May 3, 2000, 03:03   #32
MidKnight Lament
King

Local Time: 10:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
It has possibilities...

How would you account for a large city building wonders faster than a small city? If it's only resources, then it would just be a matter of getting the resources to the smaller town, and this wouldn't be an accurate reflection.

What problem specifically are you trying to fix by changing the way things are built?

- MKL
[This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited May 03, 2000).]