Old May 3, 2000, 15:29   #1
Father Beast
King

Local Time: 17:19
Local Date: October 30, 2010
early build of civ 3 version 0.002
In my (I wish) upgrade to civ3 gamma test, I checked out some of the improvements.
The Arabs only have one city (Mecca), but it's enourmous! They pretty much control the world's trade, ever since they built the Wall Street WOW, which allows them an ungodly (15) amount of trade routes. My trade advisor keeps urging me to get more in Mecca's good graces. their city has just grown all out of proportion, and now covers (I counted)about 48 tiles. My own civ grabbed most of the resource squares and became an industrial Giant, but I have to Deal with Mecca to trade my goods effectively.
Sao Paolo is the home of the world's most influential religion. Almost half of my own citizens belong to it. Russia keeps threatening to go to war with me unless I break relations with Sao Paolo, but that would cause massive unhappiness in my cities. The russians are mostly of a rival religion which hates Sao Paolo.
I myself am using my resources to build the UN wonder, which has a different effect than in previous versions of Civ. if anyone declares war against me, all my allies declare war on him! it's not much use unless you have allies, but once I build the Space Elevator WOW, which greatly reduces the cost of space travel for me and all my allies, everyone interested in space will become my friend.
If it keeps going like this, I am going to be engrossed in this game badly when the full version comes out.
Old May 3, 2000, 19:48   #2
OrangeSfwr

ignore this...

------------------
~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~

[This message has been edited by OrangeSfwr (edited May 03, 2000).]