Old December 3, 2001, 22:56   #1
LotC
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 10:57
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Strange coincidence. (fixed image)
The screenshot kind of says it all.

Now if Oil Springs was the Iriquois capital I could see that the oil tiles might default to this spot but since it's not, I have to assume that this is completely random. Quite strange I think.

(Yes, I could have PSed this...no, I couldn't be bothered perpetrating such a lame hoax.)

Last edited by LotC; December 3, 2001 at 23:45.
Old December 3, 2001, 23:05   #2
TheHobbit
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:57
Hobbit: Red X's don't say much!

Conscious: Smartass.

Hobbit: Shut up conscious...
Old December 3, 2001, 23:13   #3
LotC
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
Hobbit: Red X's don't say much!
Huh? It loads fine for me.
Old December 3, 2001, 23:19   #4
darthx86
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:57
Copy and paste this into another browser window: http://www.geocities.com/ihurtyou/oil.jpg

Red Xs are because Geocities blocks links to image files, especially jpgs. Here's the workaround: Rename the file to a .txt extension, then change your URL to reflect the new name. It will display just fine.

And, yeah, three oils next to Oil Springs... probably is a coincidence, since oil tends to be in bunches.
Old December 3, 2001, 23:19   #5
DarkForce
Settler

Local Time: 19:57
i also see a red x
Old December 3, 2001, 23:20   #6
darthx86
Chieftain

See my response, posted just above yours...
Old December 3, 2001, 23:37   #7
TheHobbit
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:57
Cool!
Ok I see, thats neat. I like the citys name!
Old December 3, 2001, 23:41   #8
LotC
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
Red Xs are because Geocities blocks links to image files, especially jpgs. Here's the workaround: Rename the file to a .txt extension, then change your URL to reflect the new name. It will display just fine.
Is that better? It probably only worked for me because I was the only one with the image in my browser cache .Next time I'll use the free webspace my ISP gave me.
Old December 4, 2001, 04:41   #9
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 19:57
looks like an interesting game...is it on huge map? chinese empire looks rather menacing....
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old December 4, 2001, 07:14   #10
xane
Chieftain

What are those little yellow circles above the Oil tiles ?

And your irrigated plains looks a lot better than mine, I get just water everywhere
Old December 4, 2001, 20:46   #11
LotC
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
looks like an interesting game...is it on huge map? chinese empire looks rather menacing....
Actually the Chinese are light pink (I just crushed them in a 2 turn war). Maybe you're talking about the teal (Americans)? They're prettty powerful but I control most of the world's oil supply. (That screenshot is from earlier in the game.) Yeah, it's a huge map...damn turns take forever!

I started out with a whole continent to myself with an isthmus (good for acces to both seas on either side of me) with the Russians on a continent separated by one square of water from the next one. I pulverized the Russians early in the game and set up my FP in Moscow, which has hills, mountains and grassland around it (pumping out an ICBM every 5 turns from there). The Iriquois are finished now and I'm just a few turns away from what I think may be a cultural victory (1976). The Americans look like they have slightly more than half of my culture so I'm going to have to deal them a blow too. Since they, the Aztecs, the Japanese, and me all have MPP/RoP (we're all of the heavyweights) I'm going to blitz them all just before I hit 100,000 culture. Since I'm the only one with modern armour and mech infantry, they shouldn't have much of a chance, especially since I'll get to move right to the edge of their cities to launch the attack . If that doesn't go completely as planned , my stockpile of 20 ICBMs should help out

Quote:
What are those little yellow circles above the Oil tiles ?

And your irrigated plains looks a lot better than mine, I get just water everywhere
The circles are resource identification tags (MUCH easier to find strategic resources). They were done by Innocence and can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=33429

The irrigation is part of Snoopys terrain patch (great improvement over the original terrain). It can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=33637