Old December 4, 2001, 10:47   #1
Bubba_B
Warlord

Local Time: 12:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"Go Boil your Head"
Another example of good AI…………

For 5400 years my Greek Empire worked and lived in relative peace. The early years were marked with border disputes against my southwest neighbors, the Americans. Despite early struggles, my Scribes and Scholars worked feverishly to advance Greek culture and knowledge. I basked in the knowledge that the rest of the world admired our culture. I did, however, remain vigilant as my Eastern border was dominated by a powerful Babylonian Empire. I built powerful, heavily garrisoned, fortresses to guard the two small land bridges on our borders. In the southeast the Germans were of little threat as they constantly were battling the Japanese.
Into the Middle Ages my Empire advanced, bolstered by constant trading and improved relations with the Americans. Then like a Samurai’s Blade the Japanese all at once sliced through the heart of the German Empire reducing Bismarck to a Figurehead. I was stunned out of complacency, this was a terrible threat to my Empire. “We must strike first before he does.” I advised the war counsel. Eastern units were mobilized and sent south for preparations to invade. I made quick diplomatic negotiations with the Babylonians to keep my eastern border secure. I was then ready. I contacted the Japanese and demanded Tribute, knowing full well that they would decline. “Go boil your head” was the reply! Surely the rest of the world would understand war with such an indignant leader. “Prepare for war” was our reply!
My forces moved quickly, Calvary and Rifleman supported by artillery captured Lepzig. I had caught him off guard and my forces prepared for a second push, but I had underestimated his resolve. Forward observers west of Lepzig brought back some startling news. A hoard of 30+ divisions of Samurai was spotted off the western border. Lepzig braced for attack the forward body of the army was recalled for defense. The Samurai, however, moved north with supporting Calvary divisions following. He was going to cut off Lepzig and strike at the heart of my Empire. Generals mobilized all available force to move towards Herkanoplis (something like that). Forces at Lepzig were cut off and vulnerable if moved. The four defenders at Herk waited with sweaty palms for reinforcements. By the time the Samurai hoard arrived, Herk had 7 riflemen divisions and 13 Calvary. We braced for attack. Having seen the large groups of reinforcements arrive the Japanese Generals Changed strategies and moved 20 Samurai around Herk towards Sparta.

More to come……………
Old December 4, 2001, 12:14   #2
Bubba_B
Warlord

Local Time: 12:58
Seven of the remaining 12 Samurai attacked Herk and the rest fortified. I lost 3 Rifle Divisions and my Generals advised a quick decisive strike, with Calvary, to dislodge this southern group. The 20 northern Samurai Divisions were still in striking distance, but the best defense is a good offense so we struck. The remaining southern Samurai forces were dispersed with minimal loses, but his northern 20 unit force still presented a problem for both Herk and Sparta. His next move brought more surprises for my Generals. Another large force, Lead by a great Japanese leader, appeared to southwest of Herk, with a eye towards Troy. The northern Samurai force moved closer to Sparta and Japanese Calvary cotinued to harass Lepzig and Herk. Soon more of our Calvary arrived in Sparta and Herk, but Troy’s four defenders were on their own.

My Empires future hinged on the soon to come battles of Sparta and Troy. My coffers were empty and forces stretched thin. The Japanese attacked with all their fury. Spartas Six Rifle Divisions were decimated in the following battle, but the Japanese lost half of their force, with five other Divisions heavily damaged. Spartas Five remaining Calvary units waited their turn to attack. The battle of Troy was a spectacular Victory for the Greek people as one Rifle Divison held off an antiquated Japanese army. The rest of the force was frozen by the fierce defense and retreated into the jungle. A mop up operation followed, with all remaining Japanese forces destroyed or driven from my territory.

Soon offensive operations continued and two more Japanese controlled cities fell. Greek forces were spread thin and Japanese resistance was growing. On the advice of my Generals we sued for peace. The Japanese were glad to sign the document and even threw in some gold. As the Japanese delegation left the room I told them to “go boil their balls”. I expect war again soon.
Old December 4, 2001, 17:01   #3
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 13:58
nice story. its amazing the armies the ai puts together...