Old December 5, 2001, 19:38   #31
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 09:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Re: Rewind... Play... Rewind... Play...
Quote:
Originally posted by Akka le Vil
What do you consider a fair trade ? A trade has to be in absolute terms, or it lead to ridiculous results, like the one above.
See where is the logical flaw in the "A 1:1 trade is NOT fair if 1 civilization has 10 cities & the other has 30 cities. " ?
Wrong. If you benefit more from 1 luxury than I do than LOGICALLY that 1 more luxury is going to be more valuable to you. Thus allowing me to charge a higher price. What is SO HARD to understand about that??? The gold example was a flawed analogy since these are 2 different luxury items, unlike gold vs. gold.

Edited: I just noticed Jaybe & Mr.Socks already answered & explained this further earlier in the thread.

Last edited by Pyrodrew; December 5, 2001 at 19:53.
Old January 28, 2002, 13:15   #32
LEN77
Settler

Local Time: 17:59
hi folks!

a word to diplomacy

imagine:

1. chinese declare war on me

2. chinese make some military alliances against me.

3. now at war with 5 civs (chinese, greeks, india, persians, babylonians

4. starting counter diplo attack: zulus, japanese, egypts declare war on chinese

5. and now: the zulus make a military alliance against me with the indians! unbelievable isnt it?
Old January 28, 2002, 14:01   #33
Encomium
Warlord

Local Time: 12:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Trifna
All I have to say is that if they DO cheat, then it would mean that Firaxis voluntarily lied to us.
Well, DUH.

At Regent level I have seen AI galleys happily sailing in the ocean, or in seas they could only get to by crossing the ocean.

No wonder there is nothng left for us to explore by the time we get to caravels!

Either the AI cheats on Regent, or it's another bug.
Old January 28, 2002, 19:31   #34
Taniwha
Settler

Local Time: 17:59
My favourite cheat
If you investigate an AI city, in the middle ages when it should be somewhere between pop size 8 and 12, it will usually have between 2 and 6 units in there it'll also have 4 or 5 unhappy citizens meaning it should be in disorder but it isn't, however it'll never ever have so much as a temple or cathedral.

Human cities on regent require a temple to stop disorder at size 3 and usually a cathedral at 6. The AI doesnt seem to bother with these, and just build more units to bash you with.

Seems really unfair for you to have to build temples and cathedrals to control disorder and the AI doesn't.

Last edited by Taniwha; January 28, 2002 at 22:04.
Old January 28, 2002, 23:00   #35
Encomium
Warlord

Local Time: 12:59
Quote:
Originally posted by LEN77
hi folks!

a word to diplomacy

imagine:

1. chinese declare war on me

2. chinese make some military alliances against me.

3. now at war with 5 civs (chinese, greeks, india, persians, babylonians

4. starting counter diplo attack: zulus, japanese, egypts declare war on chinese

5. and now: the zulus make a military alliance against me with the indians! unbelievable isnt it?
Not unbelievable at all in THIS game.

Try this one. . .

I have a road, mine, and garrisoned fortress on a tile. For some reason the border flips and now my improvements are in Aztec territory. Stupid. Worse, the Aztecs threaten me with war saying I will get blamed for it. Blamed for what?? Not leaving my improvements because of this culture BS??

The Aztecs are weaker than me, but they start the war (while blaming me) anyway. They are quickly destroyed, and their AI is very stubborn about making peace. I had to all but wipe him out. Then, five hundred years later, I cross an ocean and meet the Egyptians who never heard of the now extinct Aztecs. The Egyptians won't trade with me due to the "deal you broke" with the Aztecs!!

Yes, Civ III. An "unbelievabe" game.