Old May 15, 2000, 10:52   #1
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Civ3, Apolyton and Unwashed Villagers
If you have played Fallout 2 (one of best games on Earth), you may have met special encounter called "Unwashed villagers beating a spammer." In it, lots of leather-clad guys (and gals) are beating a poor sod up - you can mainly watch it. The thing here is, Unwashed Villagers were a real fan group - established before Fallout2 came - and Interplay decided to honor their fans and include them as special encounter.

Now, could Firaxis do same with Apolyton and Civ3? No doubt, we are biggest organized group of Civ fans in Net, so some mention would be well in order. I've beent hinking of special hut, maybe one in 10000, which says "You have found an Internet Forum!" and it reveals a city named Apolyton. Nothing too drastic, just a subtle remark acknowledging that we exist...
Old May 15, 2000, 10:56   #2
Hugo Rune

I expect there will be something... Firaxis are big on this sort of thing. Read through the Back Story for Alpha Cenaturi and Alien Crossfire, for example, and you will see a lot of familiar names crop up. Trust me, you'll enjoy it. I think it might still be on-line at www.alphacentauri.com (maybe).

Old May 15, 2000, 14:27   #3
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 03:20
quote:

If you have played Fallout 2 (one of the best games on earth)

yes I've played it ! A great Game ! a Fantastic game . never finished it , though. couldn't get the key to the Valdez Tanker thing . I know it's supposed to be in Navarro , but ...
hey btw. have you ever encountered "The broken dreams cafe" of something like that ? a really funny place . as a relatively newcomer I must say that this would be really nice , to have such a thing in this game . but on the other hand ,IMO You should be able to disable ( excuse me for the word-game bull ) this thing ,so it wouldn't damage game play . a nice idea though ... never thought about it ...

------------------
-------------------
Enslave the enemy .
Old May 15, 2000, 15:57   #4
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 03:20
* LightEning gets again warmed up and starts posting weird ideas. *

Hero concept(leader):
In a small American city, a group of highly patriotic soldiers has risen. They have elite morale and high-class weapons and work under Abraham Lincoln. This group is led by a man who is known only by his codename MWHC. Nobody knows what the codename means.

Religion concept:
A worldwide group called "Apolyton", Ultimate in English, has started preaching a new religion with an exceptionally resistance against other religions. This religion is called "Sidism"... Nahh, goes too much to advertising, let's try the second one:

SE concept:
A French-American group has researched a new social system, called the Demesos. It has:
-2 efficiency for governing problems
+2 growth for immigration
+1 happiness for the ban of racism.

Nahh... too good for Bill3K .
Old May 16, 2000, 09:52   #5
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:20
Dalgetti: It's easy. Just either kill the commander or fool your way in to his room. Key should be in his locker - use explosives to crack it up if lockpicking skill isn't good enough.