Old December 5, 2001, 08:19   #1
Yxklyx
Warlord

Local Time: 18:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Possible Starting Bug (No CP)
On Librarian, shouldn't you always start with a Colony Pod? I was restarting games without exiting (something I don't normally do) and I wasn't getting a CP - I kept on restarting thinking this was a bug.
Old December 5, 2001, 10:16   #2
JAMiAM
Prince

Local Time: 10:01
I am assuming that you have the setting of "look first" disabled, and that you are at least starting with a base founded.

If so, then the answer is no. You will not always start with an extra cp, on Librarian difficulty. There is some probability function which determines how many cp's you start with, the higher difficulty levels being more likely to grant an extra one. I don't recall what that was, though. I don't remember starting a game from scratch at any level less than Transcend since shortly after the game came out.
Old December 5, 2001, 10:58   #3
mark13
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 18:01
As far as I remember:

- You will always get one CP on the first two difficulty levels (none if look first not enabled)

- You will sometimes get two CPs on the next two difficulty levels (one if look first not enabled)

- You will always get two CPs on the hardest two difficulty levels (one if look first not enabled)
Old December 5, 2001, 14:15   #4
Ned
King

Local Time: 10:01
Mark, Are you sure about two CP's? I have NEVER received two except as Alien factions. I normally do not have "look first" enabled, as I play most of my games with the "default" settings, in which, I believe, "look first" is not enabled. I only play Transcend.

Also, and I have been meaning to post a question on this, I rarely, if ever, see factions wiped out on start by natives restarted. Is this normal?

The last time I can recall a faction restarting is when I was playing on a Standard map. I normally play on maps much larger than Huge. Is map size an issue here?

Ned