Old December 6, 2001, 22:18   #1
simwiz2
Warlord

Local Time: 13:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
bombardment is effective...
...because everything has unlimited range! if you click bombard and then click a tile anywhere REALLY FAST, it shoots at the tile! even if its halfway around the world! so a new strat for a buggy game: just put a ton of artillerys in your capital, and bombard whatever AI city/TI/unit you want to

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.
Old December 6, 2001, 22:26   #2
Karhgath
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:06
I found another bug like that, but I dunno if it's just graphically or it really works :

Take a worker on a road, because of the delay, due to the animation, move it by draging to a square that should end its turn (a squae with no road for example), but while the unit is on it's way, press real fast on I or R, to make him irrigate or start a road. As soon as he enter the tile that should end its turn, he starts right away to irrigate or build the road. But as I said, I haven't tested to see if it's just graphical, or he actually counted the turn as if he started. I think because of the delay of the anims and all, some bugs like that can occur. I guess it's the same way with the bombardment bug you found, if it really works.

Also, I was wondering... am I the only one able to move thru river DIAGONALLY without loosing a turn pre-engineering? When you move thru a river straight ahead, you end your turn on the other side before you discover engineering, but not when you do it diagonally? Is that a bug or just a feature I am unaware of?
Old December 6, 2001, 23:14   #3
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 12:06
Will be fixed
According to the list on v1.16, the folk at fixaris noticed this and have fixed it. It was nice while it lasted.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw