Old December 8, 2001, 03:23   #1
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 10:10
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Can't conquer size 1 cities ???
Hey what is going on?

I just installed the patch, granted I'm under win2k and I played just ONE turn before I came here and saw the win2k/xp patch, but the first patch works fine. what was the problem anyway, just a cant find CD thing?

But anyway, I attack this one city, size one, and I had no option to either raze or conquer it. Sure I was gona raze it anyway, but is this gona be going on for ALL size 1 cities??

edit: Once my tank rolled in, the military advisor pop up just mentioned "Congrats we've destroyed $cityname bla bla". not the usual two options..

Last edited by smellymummy; December 8, 2001 at 03:29.
Old December 8, 2001, 04:18   #2
Howling Chip
Chieftain

Same thing here. Seems like Civ 2 again. Not complaining though. I was tempted to raze them in my strategic planning. If destroying them does not make the other civs dislike me (as compared to razing them), that's OK by me.
Old December 8, 2001, 04:32   #3
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 14:10
Do you also lose a pop-point when conquering larger cities now?
Old December 8, 2001, 04:39   #4
smellymummy
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Anunikoba
Do you also lose a pop-point when conquering larger cities now?
haven't tried it. I scraped the game I was playing after putting in the patch, starting at BC age again.

I did install the newest patch though (for win2k) and still does the same thing. Must be one of the various change/additions/fixes (pick one) that was not mentioned.

Hey I'm not complaining, I even wrote that I was gona raze the city anyway, it's just that it surprised me as I was used to something different. However if you ask me, firaxis should of kept the option in (to either raise or conquer). Really now, how are we supposed to be playing the game? One way for a month, then a different way the next month, and so on and on? Makes you wonder just how much firaxis is working on civ3 after-release at adding and changing and tweaking. Post release shouldn't be so much involved A heads up on all changes beforehand though would be appreciated! Unless of course this change is written in the readme (didnt see it though)
Old December 8, 2001, 04:40   #5
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 14:10
I didn't see a warning about it either.. but it was a pretty long list, eh? :^P
Old December 8, 2001, 06:01   #6
GeorgeWang
Settler

Dang, this sux. I rely on conquering cities for my early expansion. Now, the comp just pop rushes units and lowers their cities to 1 and I won't have a free city.