Old December 9, 2001, 23:56   #1
a2b2c3
Settler

Local Time: 12:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i take back most of the bad i've said about strategic resources...
only most, it still sucks when you don't have some of the resources and they are all bunched up by one ai... but there are sometimes good moments... story time...

i'm pretty sure i was having my best civ3 game ever. i was expanding well, i was getting some key wonders, i was technologically advanced, all my cites had defensive guys and walls.... next thing i know rome starts sending legions into my territory... ask them to leave, rome has a polite manner to me, they say ok...

next turn they are still advancing, oh **** i think. move some spearmen around. ask em to leave again, bam! war is declared. ok so it's time to mobalize my troops. i start pumping out swordsmen. bybthos, or whatever it's name is was taken by the romans. they have too many legions. i start pumping out swordsman tring to hold em off. pretty soon i realize swm arn't going to help, they are made too slow.

I remember a trick the computer used on me. the aztec's jaguar warrior with it's withdraw abilty was pretty efficient. so i look at what i have that moble. horsemen or war chariots. the war chariots were less costly so i started building them. they are doing a pretty good job of slowing the roman invasion, but i'm running out of swordmen.

So i start producing some more swm hping to still defeat the romans. by this time i'm no longer advancing as fast due to this damn war. anyways i start maniging some of my cities between buildings and units. then i realize something, rome only has one source of iron, the only other source is outside their culture, i prepared a galley and 2 swm only to have the galley lost because i pushed the move arrow too fast and it fought with another roman galley. so i work again to make another, only this time i've discovered feudalism so i use 1 pikeman and 1 swm.

by this time rome is getting a little lighter on their legions, the original city they captured has defected back to my side to i move all my troops there. my galley has successfully landed it's cargo. the pikeman has defended itself againt a few of rome's legions and now is gaurding the iron. the swm is still sitting tight after taking out the road. One of rome's cities Veii has been destroyed rather than trying to hold on to it. it looks like this war has turned. i only wish i had more time to kill these romans for making me fight this war. Also they seem to have sold large amount of tech to the other 6 civs who were very, very inferior. i don't know why they did it. we had a huge lead and now eveything has gone to hell!! damn cesair or however his name is spelled... he made my perfect game hard again!!!