Old December 10, 2001, 00:02   #1
Spearthrower
Settler

Local Time: 01:15
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Provoking War
I have seen a lot of posts that involve provoking an opponent to fight you for various situational needs. This would help a lot in a couple of the games I'm playing but I can't seem to get them to declare war.... they just get furious at me.

Anyone got any good ideas of how to provoke a war without actually being at fault in other nations eyes?

Thanks in advance
Old December 10, 2001, 00:20   #2
MadWombat
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Yep, get a weak military, and wait for them to try to take advantage of it. Just make sure that you have theproduction capacity to get back up to the required level fast.

Alternatively, start declaring trade embargos, against people. If you're not currently bound in a treaty, it's not dishonourable to declare war on someone....
Old December 10, 2001, 00:41   #3
Bilo
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:15
Here are some ways to provoke the AI:
1) Make outragious demands like cities or or all the money they have. This will make them fuirios in a single turn.
2) Violate their borders but withdraw when they as you to do so. (Or your reputation will bi damaged) Sometimes the AI suddenly attacks your troops in its terratory, instaead of asking you to withdraw them.
3) Any time they violate your borders ask them to leave. If they are annoyed or furious and have a larger military than you do they are likely to declare war.
4) If it is at war with a third party, sign a mutual protection pact with the third party.
Old December 10, 2001, 07:28   #4
Expatriate
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:15
The AI certainly knows how to provoke me. A favorite is when they decide to build a city in that one square in the middle of territory that hasnt yet come inside my culture borders. Grrrr

Yes, I know that I just wait and take it over with culture but I just get so mad!
Old December 10, 2001, 16:51   #5
wunder
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:15
Easiest way...
I find the easiest and best way to provoke war is simply negotiating peace! All you need to do; under the diplomacy tab click on the "active" link. Then click on peace treaty! You will now be able to negotiate peace. If they don't meet your demands simply click on "nevermind "and VOILA! You got yourself a war. If by chance you're in Democracy or Republic, I find it not to be a factor in war warriness as long as you let them attack you first.