Old December 10, 2001, 19:13   #1
IronSpam
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Selling Cities
There's probably been a thread on this already, so forgive the repetition.

When you sell a city, I know the units you leave in there get teleported back to your capital. That is, they don't go to the recipient as is the case for a city that voluntarily defects to the other side.

What happens to the buildings in the city sold? Do they stay intact or is it as though a military conflict happened and buildings are demolished in the process?

I wanted to screw around with the military regional balance of the map. So I built cities on small unsettled areas between others' borders. I had no intention of keeping or developing these little towns myself, I only wanted to give the cities as gifts to other nations. I thought this would increase the possibility of war by having as many of the other powers in close proximity to each other.

To give these new towns a cultural boost, I thought to build at least a temple there so that the borders would expand to fill the gaps. I can't trust the new owner to build one on his own and I just need to know whether the temple I leave behind will remain standing after the city transfers.

I suppose I could save the game and spy for the info, but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate them.
Old December 10, 2001, 19:31   #2
Bilo
Chieftain

As far as I know culture producing city improvements and small wonders vanish when a city changes ownership.
Old December 10, 2001, 19:44   #3
Nakar Gabab
ACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

I always sell any improvements should there be any in the city when I go to sell it... why not?
Old December 10, 2001, 21:01   #4
MadWombat
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:18
Erm, any cultural improvements you built will promptly be lost when the city changes hands.
Old December 11, 2001, 16:06   #5
solo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 18:18
Establish an embassy and then use espionage to investigate the city after you give it away. Then you'll know for sure and can tell us.