Old December 11, 2001, 14:35   #31
gachnar
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Venger
I understand your point of view here - and it seems you understand mine. I hope you will see my posts in the future in the light they are offered - usually with a solution to what I feel are problems, and with the goal of a better game for all of us.
To be honest, I've always read your posts objectively. You got picked on...well.. because you are vocal. I meant only to make everyone think about why they complain, not to stop it. Some of it is childish, and as we can see in that other thread that you are specifically named in (dunno the title), you actually have rational, implementable changes that could be made.

I plan on trying the Civ3Edit-able ones tonite.

I was mostly touched that you abbreviated my name. Its almost as if I have a new friend...

However, that wont stop me from calling you silly from time to time. I suspect you'll do the same. But I think that using contrasting ideas is often the best way of fixing problems.

I'm sorry to all the people who were looking forward to a flamewar...
Old December 11, 2001, 15:49   #32
Yook
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:19
*grins*
That was a fun thread.

Cool, now onward to our noble purpose: getting Civ3 to be the best damn game it can be.

Also, training monkeys to be ninjas. That is truly a noble purpose.

-Yook
Eat My Comix!
...a monkey in a
robot exoskeleton!
Old December 11, 2001, 16:41   #33
Heliodorus
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:19
I tend to agree with the general thread of this subject that too many people are prattling on about this being weak and that being weak, and whatnot.

That being said, there are two people I shall comment on directly.
Yin43 or whatever his number is. He's a troll and I skip over his posts. When doing so, I find nothing annoying about him.

Venger. Not a troll. Seems very interested in making constructive criticism - never heard him say he hated the game or that he was robbed by Firaxis or that the design team were Sesame Street rejects. Still plays the game from what graphics he seems to post. I've enjoyed reading him (although his defense of himself on this thread took more offense with the original poster than I thought was warranted)

Look, this is the web. For people who think the game is better than sex as it was released (the game, not sex), they aren't going to post anything. For people who are hostile at the situation, they are, and they're going to go on and on and on and on... You tend to only here the negative. So you have to learn to use filters....

Post done... am I still a Settler?