Old December 11, 2001, 22:21   #1
MariOne
King

Local Time: 20:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A new BUG?!? Pactmate seabases off-limits
Well, what a wonderful game!
Which one could give you the thrill of discovering new bugs after 3 years you play it? Serious!

Or at least, I never heard about it on these boards, to my recollection...

Imagine you have a coastal seabase (i.e. a seabase adjacent to the land).

Without a transport in the base, you can't move land troops on the continent in and out that base.
But when you discover Initiative, your own amphibious units may freely land and board the base without the need of a transport.

Those amphibious units can also directly attack enemy ports from a transport, or attack a coastal seabase from the shore.
If the enemy coastal seabase is empty, you can even conquer it from the shore.
Even when you're at Treaty, you're allowed to attack and eventually conquer the coastal seabases, of course you're asked beforehand whether you really want to break treaty and declare vendetta.

When you have a Pactmate, your transports and ships can freely enter his seabases and ports.
Even troops loaded on your transports can be brought into his seabases without limitations.

But...
you can't bring your *amphibious* units into a Pactmate's coastal seabase!
Nor can you bring your normal land units, not even if you have *your* transport in the Pactmate's base...

Now call this logic and consistency!
So you...
  • can enter into a coastal seabase from land, with Vendetta (and conquer it)
  • can attack a coastal seabase from land, with Treaty (and declare vendetta) {and you can attack when you can *move* into the enemy tile}
    BUT
  • can NOT enter the ally's seabase from land, with Pact!

This makes much less sense than, for instance, *never* being able to drop into any seabase.
And very annoying when you counted on a pactmate's seabase near an island as staging base for your attack, and expressly designed your first drop amphibious units for that purpose, only to see them uselessly and hopelessly stranded!!!!
Old December 12, 2001, 00:47   #2
RedFred
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 11:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cool! Have you tested to see if it is universal or if it is dependant on something like a base improvement?

The only new bug I have seen in the last week is that two units; one yours and another an alien lifeform, can sit on top of each other.

I always knew that this happens with fungal towers but I recently had it happen with a worm. Fortunately you can kill the worm without damaging your unit that you are attacking.