Old December 12, 2001, 15:31   #1
johnc214
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Long delays between music tracks
I just got around to trying CTP2 (with 1.11 patch) again after getting frustrated with CIV3. So haven't found TOO many issues, but I'm annoyed like heck after each song (so far just one or two but it's early the game) finishes and goes into the next song/repeats. There's a several second delay where everything just freezes, and then resumes just fine. This is going to drive me nuts. Any help?
Old December 27, 2001, 22:00   #2
johnc214
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:23
Hasn't anyone else experienced this? Any workarounds? I enjoy hearing the music but it's so frustrating when the game stops for several seconds between tracks. I've never had a CD game do this before... No one has responded in a month.. makes me almostly "lonely!" LOL Someone help? Any ideas?? Anyone else even HAD this trouble?
Old December 28, 2001, 12:38   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 19:23
There does seem to be an additional couple of seconds silene at the en of each track and guess the game leaves another two by default. How long is the gap you get? Maybe its just a game thing so you can "let the mood that the previous music evoked" dissipate before the next track?
I never have the music on, so I don't really know.
Old December 29, 2001, 12:43   #4
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 20:23
After 5 minutes of waiting this post a reply page isn't probably loaded, oh and official page loading time is please wait

But now back to topic:

If the CPU of your computer has to work very hard than it will first compute the AI stuff and if the CPU is free again the music will start again. That is the case usually when the human turn starts again. Therefore if the music track ends during the AI turns than it will start again the human turn begins again.

Usually I have not the music on, either. I am listening music from my CD-player, and sometimes I put the CTP1 CD into it. You could do it with the CTP2 CD too. Of course afterwards you started the game. You have only to copy the wonder videos into the correct directory. That should be:

..\ctp2_data\default\videos

-Martin