Old June 12, 2000, 13:58   #1
Andz83

Sorry S. Kroeze
As my Outlook won't allow me to send any mails, I'll apologize to S. Kroeze via a thread.

As you all can see in a thread on this forum, I offended S. Kroeze referring to his long (high-quality) posts. I made a joke of this, and he answered to me via a mail. He told me that long posts are better than short posts "containing utter nonsense". Here I agree with you, Sander.
But I couldn't know that you would go in a huff that quickly.

OK, I'm sorry for my ignorance. Will you now be so nice to retreat your threat not to post in my threads anymore? I tell you I will make this offer only one time. I'm OTF-poster and therefor much stronger than you! MWUHAHAHAHAHA! !! I'm only kidding of course! I just think that it would be ridiculous to argue about this. Don't you agree, S. Kroeze?

Let's be friends!
[This message has been edited by Andz83 (edited June 12, 2000).]

Old June 12, 2000, 16:30   #2
OrangeSfwr

Andz, you seem to be good at offending people. I wouldn't blame S. Kroeze, I saw what you wrote and I thought it was rather harsh. Especially because his posts are usually informative and well thought out.

------------------
~~~I am who I am, who I am - but who am I?~~~
"Oh, they have the Internet on computers now!"

Old June 12, 2000, 18:07   #3
Hasdrubal
Prince

Local Time: 01:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

I'm OTF-poster and therefor much stronger than you! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!

Frankly, I don't think that your gay-bashing posts, your refering to blacks as ni*****, and your reply to another poster with a rude post in German that ended in 'Sieg Heil!'
gained you a lot of OT-friends. Some may like your style, others don't.

------------------
Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
Old June 12, 2000, 18:42   #4
Par4
King

Local Time: 16:23
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Andz83 you remind me of this kid I knew in 7th grade. A real jack@$$, always in your face racist bigot attitude. Then he jumped out into the street and got hit by a car I and many others were standing right there, bam! He was killed instantly. Just something to think about.

Andz your cynical attitude is appauling and no going to make S. Kroeze mute about his angers. S. Kroeze puts a lot of thought and effort into his ideas and the fact that you just apologize then start making jokes and BSin' again is not going to fix the situtation, it might piss him off more even.

More food for thought

------------------
I use this email
(stupid cant use hotmail)
gamma_par4@hotmail.com
Don't ask for golf tips
Your game will get worse
HappyLand
Old June 12, 2000, 19:15   #5
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 20:23
S. Kroeze has posted some of the absolutely best stuff on this forum! And I certainly hope he will continue to do so.
Old June 13, 2000, 02:54   #6
UltraSonix
King

Local Time: 10:23
Yep.

------------------
No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards...
Old June 13, 2000, 06:33   #7
S. Kroeze
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
Dear Andz83, OrangeSfwr, Hasdrubal, Par4, Yin26, UltraSonix (and others),

I'll gladly accept Andz's apoligies. Personally I'm convinced he is sincere, because his way of making apologies publicly on the forum shows courage and the genuine intention to make amends. And I suspect he is rather young and was raised in the DDR, whose political system didn't contribute much to the happiness of mankind.

Everyone else I want to thank for their very kind words. I am moved. Thank you all!

By the way, Yin26, do you know anything about the current status of the TechTree?

Sincere regards,

S. Kroeze
Old June 13, 2000, 07:00   #8
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Looks like things are happy in forum-ville again. =)

Harel took over the torch for the Tech-tree, but it's still very much a community project (hint ). I ran out of steam because of my work schedule, but I'm still very interested in seeing it completed. Any chance you and Harel can join forces?
Old June 13, 2000, 10:34   #9
Andz83

quote:

Originally posted by Hasdrubal on 06-12-2000 06:07 PM
Frankly, I don't think that your gay-bashing posts, your refering to blacks as ni*****, and your reply to another poster with a rude post in German that ended in 'Sieg Heil!'
gained you a lot of OT-friends. Some may like your style, others don't.

1. There weren't any gay-bashing posts made by me, you sucker!

2. I also didn't refer to blacks as "niggers". I just quoted this way because they use this word so often in the film I quoted from.

3. My rude post in German was:

1. not rude, it was a fun post

2. Sieg Heil was only a joke because it was a fun post. I didn't want to greet the Führer, I just made fun of him.

Also I wasn't cynical as I apologized. How comes that only one person accepts the apologize, the one whom the aplogize was directed on? I wouldn't have posted my apologize if I weren't really sorry. Also my anti-S. Kroeze post wasn't THAT terrible. It just was offending.

Now I'm offended! Noone took my apology except for the one I wanted to apologize to. That's not fair!

Posting stories about guys who have been killed by cars appears more like Nazisam to me than just insulting others. You guys don't know anything!

Old June 13, 2000, 16:39   #10
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Andz,

Your apologoy was accepted, but please keep O.T. debates in the O.T. forum. Thanks.

Yin
Old June 15, 2000, 08:07   #11
Andz83

I started this discussion here because I didn't think that S. Kroeze visits OTF.

Do you, S. Kroeze?

Old June 15, 2000, 11:27   #12
OrangeSfwr

Besides, that would be his one topic per day. Wouldn't that be silly?

------------------

Old June 15, 2000, 13:27   #13
Andz83

Orange, can you tell me what you are talking about? Doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

Hasdrubal: what do you have to say to my defence-post? I guess you're out of arguments...

Par4: Do you want to say it wouldn't actually matter to you if I died? very kind, and very liberal (in contrast to my nazi-posts...)
[This message has been edited by Andz83 (edited June 15, 2000).]

Old June 15, 2000, 17:59   #14
Hasdrubal
Prince

Local Time: 01:23
Andz,

I didn't reply because firstly, Yin asked us to go OT on this one. And secondly, because I thought that S.Kroeze set us the most sensible example. Following him, I suggest that we end this thing. Let's keep this a happy forum.

------------------
Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.
Old June 15, 2000, 18:27   #15
OrangeSfwr

Andz, wasn't sure what you were confused about, so I brought both quotes from this thread and explained them for ya...

quote:

Originally posted by OrangeSfwr on 06-12-2000 04:30 PM
Andz, you seem to be good at offending people. I wouldn't blame S. Kroeze, I saw what you wrote and I thought it was rather harsh. Especially because his posts are usually informative and well thought out.

I was in that thread and I saw what you wrote to S. Kroeze. I thought it was harsh because he always has well thought out ideas and because it seemed odd that you would simply go after someone for writing a lot about a subject.

quote:

It was a simple slap on the new one post per person per day rule. I was saying that you wanted to post your apology here as not to waste your one post.

Hope that clears everything up, and I hope Yin closes this thread...

Old June 16, 2000, 08:56   #16
Andz83

I opened the apology thread before we were introduced to the rule. Also, the rule counts only in OTF.

Old June 16, 2000, 13:26   #17
OrangeSfwr

Andz, let me spell it out for you...

quote:

Andz,
Your apologoy was accepted, but please keep O.T. debates in the O.T. forum. Thanks.

Yin

He was telling you to post this in the OT. So I responded...

quote:

as an underlying protest to the new rule (even though you posted this before the rule went into affect, it was just a joke)

It meant that you wouldn't want to waste your one post on something that could be put here. That's all. This whole debate belongs in the OT so if you have anything else to say Andz, post a new topic there...

------------------

Old June 16, 2000, 18:38   #18
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

We'll since you guys are already on the OT forum with this, no need for repeats...