Old December 14, 2001, 16:20   #1
Zardof
Settler

Local Time: 18:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Lucky Man
“Captain Jason Burrows was loved and admired by everyone present in this room. Captain Burrows succeeded in every endeavor throughout his life. Jason was the Captain of his high school football team, and led them to win in the state finals. He graduated at the top of his class and was offered a full scholarship to the state university. He entered the flight academy and was one of the first pilots to fly the new F16 fighter. Captain Burrows became the first American double ace in the China / Americas war. His prowess as a fighter pilot was unmatched. In all the years of knowing Jason, my friend, I to him, may the wind ever be beneath your wings. Thank you for coming today.”

*****Organ plays “Nearer my God to thee*******

2 WEEKS EARLIER

News Item from Washington Post:

***snip***
Captain Jason Burrows, age 23 from Washington, was reported killed in action while flying a routine bombing mission in America’s continuing struggle with the Chinese. Captain Burrows is survived by his parents and many friends. Services will be held at a future date.
***snip***

1 WEEK EARLIER

Damn, I’m hit. “Mayday, Mayday, I’m going down!” Figures, radio out. No power. Too much smoke. This is it. 30000, 25000, 20000, this is going to hurt. Eject, have to hit button. Funny, arms won’t move. 10000, 5000, why can’t I get this stupid song out of my mind…….

YESTERDAY

“Well Sam, did you recover all the data from Burrow’s flight recorder?
“Yeah, but that Chinese missile didn’t make my job any easier.”
“Anything of use?”
“Nah, same old stuff.”
“Hey Bill, before you leave, would you mind listening to one part, I can’t decide what it is I’m hearing.”
“Hmmm, sounds like he’s humming. Sonofa…, it’s an old ELP song.”
“ELP?”
“Emerson, Lake, and Palmer.”
“Before my time I guess.”
“Yeah.”
“How’s it go Bill?”
***Singing***
“Oh, what a lucky man, we was…..”

---------------
Note:
I almost didn't post this. I knew what I wanted to convey, but ..... well if you know what song I'm referring too, it may make sense. I wish you all peace in your part of the world this time of year....Z
Old December 15, 2001, 02:35   #2
Grundel
Warlord

Local Time: 13:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
...Ladies by the score...