Old December 14, 2001, 23:52   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Alien Subjugation
Has anyone ever seen one of the Alien factions surrender when you're playing one of the humans? Even when I don't gas them to hell and back, they still won't give up. It can't be because a faction of one species won't surrender to one of the other, since I have been able to subjugate human factions with the Usurpers.

Anyone know what's going on?
Old December 15, 2001, 00:44   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 11:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I can't remember if I've had an alien slave or not - the rules certainly let you - see alienuscript.txt -:

#TRUCEPLEASE
#xs 440
#caption $CAPTION7
"$TITLE0 $NAME1: great and powerful. Progenitor: weak
and puny. Defeat: utter and complete. Fervent
desire: continue living. Offer: all available
energy credits ($NUM0) and all research data
($NUM1 new $<#1:tech:techs>). Interference
from Progenitor: none, forever."

"Very well, but you must swear a Pact to serve me."
"No. Destroying you will be a service to humanity."

Googlie
Old December 15, 2001, 10:36   #3
dojoboy
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 14:31
Yes, I've subjugated the Caretakers, and I'm fairly certain I've subjugated the Usurpers before. It is fairly consistent that the more stubborn factions resist submitting until they're down to 1 - 2 colonies. Also, I sometimes have to be the one hailing the other. I was used to the human factions hailing me that I just expected the aliens to do the same.

However, I never give the alien factions anything back after they submit. Their kind of like the Taliban.
Old December 15, 2001, 20:00   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
#TRUCEPLEASE
#xs 440
#caption $CAPTION7
"$TITLE0 $NAME1: great and powerful. Progenitor: weak
and puny. Defeat: utter and complete. Fervent
desire: continue living. Offer: all available
energy credits ($NUM0) and all research data
($NUM1 new $<#1:tech:techs>). Interference
from Progenitor: none, forever."

"Very well, but you must swear a Pact to serve me."
"No. Destroying you will be a service to humanity."
I've looked at the txt and seen that but I've never seen them give in, not even when I've hailed them. I once saw (When I was using the cheat menu just to muck around) Marr call me up just as his last base fell, and he still refused to surrender. Five seconds later he was in my Punishment Sphere.
Old December 17, 2001, 10:04   #5
fluffy
Warlord

Local Time: 18:31
Re: Alien Subjugation
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Has anyone ever seen one of the Alien factions surrender when you're playing one of the humans? Even when I don't gas them to hell and back, they still won't give up.
well, gassing them certainly won't help! any faction you commit atrocities against will have a permanent vendetta against you.
Old December 17, 2001, 12:29   #6
Pandir
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:31
Why would you want to subjugate them? Its much more fun to kill the slimy buggers.

Quote:
well, gassing them certainly won't help! any faction you commit atrocities against will have a permanent vendetta against you
Using gas makes them not surrender to you? Never knew that(cant say I ever used gas though).
Old December 22, 2001, 18:55   #7
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandir
Why would you want to subjugate them? Its much more fun to kill the slimy buggers.
Because it's very annoying to have to kill off every last base they've got, and in any case I prefer to let factions surrender rather than die.

Quote:
Originally posted by fluffy
well, gassing them certainly won't help! any faction you commit atrocities against will have a permanent vendetta against you.
Yeah, I know, but they won't surrender even when I don't gas them. About the only explanation I can think of is that if you have any kind of agreement with the other alien faction, they won't surrender, but I've never seen them give in even when I'm at war with both of them, or when I've eradicated one.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandir
Using gas makes them not surrender to you? Never knew that(cant say I ever used gas though).
Yep, it's tragic really. If you commit ANY atrocity against a faction, they will never negotiate with you again, and will only ever speak with you to tell you what a brutal murderer you are. They will die before ending the war.