Old December 15, 2001, 16:00   #1
JoeJones
Settler

Local Time: 19:32
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bugs?
Hello

I have played four civ-games now. And each game have crached.
It is on a win2000-athlon1600XP-machine with plenty of memory and with the patch. I have played on an huge world every time and the crashes are around 1200-1600 AD.

I have sent emails to the "support" but they just said that they cant help me, "it is probably because of win2000"

If somebody is interested I got a zip-files here about 750 kb. The game crashes when I try to sell something, and it also crashes in the next turn. It would be grate if somebody could test it on another computer, to see if it is my computer that is the problem.

Civ 3 is fun, but there is no point to play it anymore because I know I cant finish a game.
Old December 15, 2001, 16:30   #2
Kolyana
Warlord

Local Time: 12:32
I'm running Civ3 on a win 2000 laptop ... Pentium 1000. I encountered problems previous to the patch when I tried to sell coal to an AI, never did get to the root of that one.

Other than that, I've managed to run pretty much bug free.

In all seriousness, 'trechnical support' staff are notoriously un-interested and un-informed. I'm not going to paint them all with the same brush, but 75% of them are there just because it's a job, not because they truly want to help anyone out or have any level of knowledge.

You are always much better off coming to the community and getting people to help out.

Post your saved game, tell me what you try and sell and I'll try and duplicate your problem.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.
Old December 15, 2001, 16:44   #3
JoeJones
Settler

Local Time: 19:32
The maximum size of a file in this forum is 500k and the file is 749k. Can I send it via email to you?
Old December 15, 2001, 17:29   #4
Kolyana
Warlord

Local Time: 12:32
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJones
The maximum size of a file in this forum is 500k and the file is 749k. Can I send it via email to you?
Yes, sure. I have no problems with that. Is it still too large if you zip it?

The only reason i ask is because others may wish to test it out also.

Well, maybe. You know, the kind souls out there. Or the bored ones.

email: kolyana@bellsouth.net

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.