Old December 16, 2001, 03:44   #1
jakflash
Settler

Local Time: 18:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
how do i get my leader to work?
I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I actually got a leader, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to make him work. Is there a patch that I need? If someone could tell me the keystrokes I would be very appreciative.

Thanx!
Old December 16, 2001, 04:10   #2
killer84
Settler

Local Time: 11:33
you put your leader into a city to rush production, when he gets there, there will be a button for rush.

I am not sure if the leader must be in a city to make an army. But all you do is press "make army" and then get three units and put them on top of the leader, then click load.
Old December 16, 2001, 04:16   #3
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 11:33
leaders don't work. they are leaders.

move him inside a city building large or small wonder. There will be a button that appears on bottom middle of screen as soon as you move him in. Hover mouse over button and it will say to rush wonder. If you click yes then it will complete wonder.
Old December 16, 2001, 05:23   #4
Xentropy
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Warlord

Local Time: 10:33
re: how do i get my leader to work?
What a great question! I'd love to hear people's takes on this one, because my team leader at work never does ANYTHING but takes all the credit for all of it. It really makes me mad that--!

What? Oh, GREAT leader? Wait a minute, you mean this was an on-topic post about game mechanics that hasn't devolved into a flame war? Say it ain't so!

Old December 16, 2001, 22:46   #5
jakflash
Settler

Local Time: 18:33
Quote:
Originally posted by killer84
you put your leader into a city to rush production, when he gets there, there will be a button for rush.

I am not sure if the leader must be in a city to make an army. But all you do is press "make army" and then get three units and put them on top of the leader, then click load.
Sorry, but I still can't figure this out. I don't see any "make army" option anywhere. Please help me figure it out. I activate the leader so he has a white circle around him, he is in a city, and then I read all the available options, and I don't see "make army" anywhere. If you can help any more than you already have, I'd appreciate it.

Thanx
Old December 16, 2001, 22:50   #6
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 14:33
If I remember correctly, you *also* need at least 6 cities or something like that. Do you have 6 cities?

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old December 17, 2001, 00:53   #7
Holy Lincoln
Settler

Local Time: 12:33
You people are retarded
When you get a leader, go to the nearest city, or the city with the most units in it. when you reach that city, if you look at the bottom of the screen, where those yellow/orange buttons are that you can do the actions: disband, fortify, and so on. there will be two buttons on top of the bottom row. one will be for rushing the build, and creating an army. after you create the army, units inside the city may join the army, up to 3, by pressing the LOAD button, that looks like an arrow.
Old December 17, 2001, 01:12   #8
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Wait 'til somebody quotes the manual for you, jackass (Lincoln).

Old December 17, 2001, 01:14   #9
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Here it is, for jackass Lincoln:

Quote:
How do Armies work?
An Army is actually a group of ordinary units that move and fight together. To form an army, you must build the Army unit and then 'load' other units into it. You can load up to three units, though the Pentagon (Small Wonder) increases this limit to four, if you have built it. Armies can be built in cities that have the Military Academy (Small Wonder) or a Leader in them, but you must have at least four cities for every army you create. Additionally, once an army leaves the city it was created in, units may not enter or leave that army. Armies pool hit points, and any opposing units must defeat every member of the army to defeat the army itself. Thus, an army of four elite knights would have twenty hitpoints.

Only ground, non-artillery combat units may join an army.

Old December 17, 2001, 01:19   #10
Holy Lincoln
Settler

okay, so i left out a small detail about having 4 cities. of course, the time it takes you to buff up a unit to a leader, you should have 4 cities, or you are moving very slowly in expansion. being that units early in the game are very subject to death, being that everyone has the same basic units.

i personally have not gotten a leader until maybe 10 cities, and in games that last for many many many years, maybe past the 2000 year mark, i have only gotten 6 or 7 leaders, even with the military academy.
Old December 17, 2001, 01:24   #11
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Yes, well that 'small detail' is likely the reason the load icon doesn't appear. Consider that before you start calling people 'retarded' ... fair enough?

Old December 17, 2001, 01:29   #12
Holy Lincoln
Settler

the fact is that they are retarded for telling this uninformed man that there is only one thing a leader can do. even Dissedent said that "Leaders dont work. They are Leaders." Leaving out the possibility of telling the guy, "hey, you can look at the Civilopedia, and it will tell you what the Leader does".
Old December 17, 2001, 01:32   #13
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

LOL! 'Leaders don't work, they are leaders' is a JOKE! Relax a bit, and quit calling people retarded...