Old December 17, 2001, 09:49   #1
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:37
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Espionage - How To?
OK

I've just gotten CIV 3 and am working out the kinks of learning a new game. (So far I've cruised through settler and warrior games albeit doing a bit of IFE in the far flung cities, so much refining of game tactics is ahead for me)I have yet to figure out how to plant a *&^%$ spy. By dumb chance I've figured out how to establish embassy's (I have to say the manual leaves a lot to be desired). To the learned members of this forum I ask

"What screen and/or how does one go about planting a spy?" and yes I have built the CIA small wonder.

Thanks in advance.

Og

PS. Is it me or do others experience a seeming lack of shields for disbands of units in cities? If so is there a trick I am unaware of?

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old December 17, 2001, 10:30   #2
Grim Legacy
Prince

Local Time: 19:37
Double-click the Pentagon icon on the city that built the Intelligence Agency to plant spies.

Disbanding units in cities yields a few shields (less than in Civ2 though), but you can not get any shields if you're producing wealth, a wonder, or if the production box is already full.
Old December 17, 2001, 11:13   #3
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:37
Muchas Gracias GL. Now at least I should be able to have some intel during modern days for warring.

Thanks again. I only wish it was more clearly defined in the manual or the civolopedia.

Og

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old December 22, 2001, 21:19   #4
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 13:37
Quote:
"What screen and/or how does one go about planting a spy?" and yes I have built the CIA small wonder. -Ogie Oglethorpe
You can access the espianoge feature by clicking on the "E" button right next to the unit sats window. That would bring up the espianoge menu.

Quote:
Double-click the Pentagon icon on the city that built the Intelligence Agency to plant spies. -Grim Legacy
Would also work too.
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine
Old December 22, 2001, 23:52   #5
justjake73
Prince

Local Time: 13:37
I read somewhere about "exposing a mole" as an option but where is this?

On second thought maybe I'll start a new thread....