Old December 18, 2001, 13:05   #1
zipnar
Settler

Local Time: 18:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
odd bug i ran into late game
i was playing a monarch game..standard random map...8 civs

late into modern era, i tried moving a modern armor into one of my cities to airlift it...but something odd happend...i my tank attacked my own town...it died. the town i attacked showed no deffending unit on top of it. i zoomed into the buggy town...one of the tanks in it was partial hurt so i guess that was what i attacked ( i couldn't see it when the attack animation happend). so i'm like heh..this is kinda cool so i start playing with it...i send 2 more of my tanks to thier death against the town and the third finally "takes it over"...my town goes back to normal unbuggy mode...interestingly enough the tank "defending" my town from myself didn't die when i "won".

in military advisor screen my modern armor was over the 99 unit cap that it displays...not sure if this could affect it or not.

oh yeah one time the germans attacked one of my units...they won...and a tank of mine on the other side of the world suddenly turned elite.

and not only that...in the military screen if i looked at what units the germans/babs/irigimps etc had (via planted spy..no mission just passive)...then went to domestic advisor, the units on the right-hand side that i was building turned the color of who i was just looking at on militar screen.

the only thing i can figure out is after you go above 99 of a certain unit things get buggy...to me it seems like some pointers are doing double duty between units or something...friendly units flagged as enemy/un-involved unit flagged as the unit that attacked and deserves a morale upgrade. (obviously i dont know and never worked on the code so this is an uneducated guess)

note: i had already won the game via space race and decided to "play a couple more turns" and Right of passage blitz the entire world just for fun. using 1.16f with no modified bic file.

just thought i'd toss this one out there.

oh yeah...please...please....please Mr. Programmer dudes if you read this, make it so the AI can't trade tech out of turn.

and "number of cities you have" shouldn't be such a big deal when trying to get luxories especially gems from bizmark GRRR!!

love the game

-zip
Old December 18, 2001, 13:47   #2
bigredlemon
Settler

Local Time: 13:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
In my last game, I had well over 400 units... 150 mech infantry, 100 modern armour, some 100 swordsmen , and planes n' ships... This has not happened to me yet!

But i've seen some wild battles! Ie. losing ten modern armour on GRASSLAND against infantry when i attack, but the AI regular tanks had no problem beating the same infantry on the next turn!

Doubling the HP is the way to go!