Old December 23, 2001, 15:22   #31
Depression
Settler

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How to make a maritime civ
Quite a few people want to add new CSAs the the list. Unfortunately, this is not currently possible with the editor- however, there is a way to make a "maritime" CSA. I apologize if this has been suggested before, but here's my idea:

1. When checking the two CSAs for a civilization that you want to be maritime in the editor, only check one- for example, if you want a commercial/maritime civ, just check commercial.

2. Use Gramphos' copytool to make a new version of every ship, identical to the originals but having some extra movement or costing less shields or whatever.

3. Make the new ships available only to the maritime civs (and make the original ships unavailable to them).

Voila! A civ that has, as its CSA, the ability to build better ships. If the powers that be like my idea, the list of CSA-civ combinations can be revised to include maritime civs.
Old December 23, 2001, 20:12   #32
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 20:42
Quote:
Originally posted by jsw363
I don't especially like the Maya traits, but I guess that's the way it has to be. I don't see them as expansionist; I would prefer Commecial-Scientific. They never established a presence beyond the Yucatan and didnt' conquer many of the other minor tribes in thier region, so I don't think you could classify them as expansionist.
Expansioist is definitely the worst choice for Mayans: Rel-Sci or Com-Sci or Mil-Sci are the only possible choices, MAYBE Ind-Sci, but I wouldn't go for that...

hoevenpe: I like the idea of changing phoenicians and dutch!

Stefu: I like your list much but sth. in my mind still hates the turks being Sci... Maybe we could put the Mayans there (Mil-Sci). Then we could also put back the Ethiopians. That's no preferred choice for the Mayans, but well...

So we'd have:
Militaristic - Expansionist Mongols, Turks
Militaristic - Religious Spanish
Militaristic - Scientific Mayans
Militaristic - Industrious Ethiopians, Poles
Militaristic - Commercial Vikings
Expansionist - Religious Celts
Expansionist - Scientific
Expansionist - Industrious Incas
Expansionist - Commercial Portuguese
Religious - Scientific Arabs
Religious - Industrious Khmer
Religious - Commercial Hebrews
Scientific - Industrious Koreans
Scientific - Commercial Dutch
Industrious - Commercial Phoenicians
Old December 24, 2001, 04:09   #33
jsw363
Prince

Local Time: 10:42
Again, I'm not sure that the Maya were militaristic either and I don't like the Spanish being militaristic either. My knowledge of Polish history is sketchy at best, but I do remember the three partitions, which seems to indicate that they're not so militaristic. Also, I don't think that the Turks were quite as blood-thirsty as the Mongols when it came to expansion. They're definitely not scientific, and were surprisingly tolerant of other religions, so I don't think that these traits would fit them well either. So this is my proposal:

Militaristic - Expansionist : Mongols
Militaristic - Religious : Turks
Militaristic - Scientific : Khmer
Militaristic - Industrious : Ethiopians
Militaristic - Commercial : Vikings
Expansionist - Religious :Spanish
Expansionist - Scientific : Mayans
Expansionist - Industrious : Celts
Expansionist - Commercial : Portuguese
Religious - Scientific : Arabs, Inca
Religious - Industrious : Polish
Religious - Commercial : Hebrews
Scientific - Industrious : Koreans,
Scientific - Commercial : Dutch
Industrious - Commercial : Phoenicians

And as I am sure that others have stated on previous threads, the name Inca is a misnomer since it only referred to the emporer of the "Inca" people and not the people as a whole group. I am not sure what they called themselves however...
Old December 24, 2001, 04:46   #34
Wernazuma III
Spanish Civers