Old December 19, 2001, 11:25   #1
Yxklyx
Warlord

Local Time: 18:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Perhilion
Is there a way to determine whether or not perihelion is in effect? Does it occur during the same years in all games? Is there a way to determine who is the current governor? In one game I loaded up I wasn't sure if I was still governor.
Old December 22, 2001, 18:44   #2
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Is there a way to determine whether or not perihelion is in effect? Does it occur during the same years in all games?
Yes, Perihelion does occur predictably. It starts 90 years after it last started, and it continues for 20 years. It first occurs in MY 2190. It always happens and cannot be disabled.

Quote:
Is there a way to determine who is the current governor? In one game I loaded up I wasn't sure if I was still governor.
I'm not sure if there's a definitive way to find out, but there are various observational ways. First: convene the Planetary Council, (having saved the game) and get it to vote. If you are Governor, You will see 'Veto' in place of 'Nay'. Second: If you don't have the Empath Guild, and you can remember anyone you haven't infiltrated by Probe, see if you have an infiltrator. If you do, you're Governor. Finally, look at how much commerce you're getting. In the early game, the only ones who should be making any commerce money at all are Morgan and the Governor. If you seem to be making more money than you should be, then it's probably because you're governor.
Old December 23, 2001, 22:05   #3
Wiglaf
Never Ending Stories
Emperor

Local Time: 13:44
Quote:
Is there a way to determine who is the current governor? In one game I loaded up I wasn't sure if I was still governor.
Don't know offhand, either. To expand on General's point a little, if you load up the council, the leader in the middle (bigger portrait) is always the governor.
Old December 24, 2001, 08:54   #4
Clear Skies
Prince

Local Time: 18:44
Hehe...

Always reminds me when I voted for Lal instead of myself by mistake...
By the next election, he'd vetoed my plans to salvage the Unity fusion core, I'd got annoyed, invaded and eliminated him. Imagine my delight when Dee, I think, called a PG election and there slap bang in the middle was Lal with the word 'Eliminated' underneath....

"Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman