Old December 19, 2001, 20:42   #1
The Kaiser
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bug:Unconnected city still gives resources?
I am nearly coming to the end of a game, I'm up to year 2035 or something and as the Japanese I've conquered my own medium size continent. The Persians have largely taken over the other major continent although a few other civ cities remain.

Anyway I don't have any spices of my own so I spotted some spices in an area of the Persians continent that used to be occupyed by the Russians but who have since been removed out of that area. So because the Persians have yet to settle the land I thought I'd send across a settler of my own to claim the spices.

There are 2 spice squares both near the coast, I build a city directly on one and the other is within the city influence. I check my city and I find that without me building a harbor or a airport in it, it already has access to my other cities resources, even though they are totally separated by water! Also my other cities now have access to the spices too.

I wondered at first whether my new city was using the harbor of a persian city, who I was at peace with and with the old Russian roads I was connected to. But I don't think this is a feature of the game.

Has anyone else noticed this. I could post a saved game if it appears to be bug.
Old December 19, 2001, 22:30   #2
Sevorak
Warlord

Just like roads that pass through enemy territory, you can use enemy harbors if you are at peace.

-Sev
Old December 20, 2001, 00:38   #3
Xentropy
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Warlord

Local Time: 10:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Sevorak
Just like roads that pass through enemy territory, you can use enemy harbors if you are at peace.
Actually, I *think* you have to have a right of passage agreement to use enemy rails, harbors, and airports, but roads are usable just in peace. Not 100% sure on this, though. Either way, you probably were using a Persian harbor :>
Old December 20, 2001, 02:31   #4
Bilo
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Xentropy

Actually, I *think* you have to have a right of passage agreement to use enemy rails, harbors, and airports, but roads are usable just in peace. Not 100% sure on this, though. Either way, you probably were using a Persian harbor :>
For trade you can use the roads, harbours and airports of rival civs unless you are at war with them or they have a embargo against you.

You'll need a right of passage to use enemy roads and railroads for your units.
Old December 20, 2001, 19:00   #5
The Kaiser
Chieftain

I've taken a look at the manual and it doesn't specifically say anything about how you can use other civs harbours and airports. But then again it doesn't say you can't!

One thing I will clarify is that as I said, I am at peace with the Persians but I don't have a right-of-passage agreement with them.

If this harbour sharing is a feature then it begs the question, what would happen under a trade embargo against me by the Persians? Would I still get my spices, as they are mine and not the Persians except for the fact they appear to be going through their harbours.

Could anyone from Firaxis clarify this feature?